CRS Uganda has a vibrant portfolio of projects, serving hundreds of thousands of people each year. Projects currently focus on agriculture and value chains, health, microfinance, systems strengthening, youth, and humanitarian response and recovery, and are funded by USAID, CDC, the United Nations, and private foundations. CRS Uganda implements its programs through partnerships with local organizations, including international and local NGOs, Ugandan government departments and ministries, the Catholic Church, and community-based organizations for maximum impact and sustainability. CRS Uganda employs around 190 staff and has its main office in Kampala, with sub-offices in Moroto, Yumbe, and Hoima.
As Chief of Party I you will be responsible for the management of all aspects of implementation of the USDA Food for Progress Uganda Spices Project, building upon CRS Uganda’s leadership and experience in the Uganda vanilla value chain, and its existing partnerships with the leading vanilla cooperatives, trade association, and buyers (national and international). You will manage lead technical, administrative, operational, and logistical management of project activities. Your leadership, management and technical knowledge will ensure the delivery of high-quality programming and advance the position of CRS as a leading agency in the agricultural field. As a senior leader you will proactively manage security and mitigate security risks.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Strong strategic, analytical, systems thinking, and problem-solving skills, with capacity to see the big picture and ability to make sound judgment and decisions.
* Strong relations management abilities. Ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally. Strategic in how you approach each relationship.
* Team leadership abilities with diverse/multi-d isciplinary teams. Coaching skills.
* Strong communications and presentation skills; able to develop tailored and persuasive messaging for varied audiences.
* Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented.
* Demonstrated experience of successful program management, including management of complex, high-value, multi-activity projects, with complicated logistics.
* Experience engaging partners and strengthening partnerships. Knowledge of CRS partnership strategy a plus.
* Ability to represent and present at high levels.
* Experience in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio), Web Conferencing Applications, and information and budget management systems.
Travel – include percentage of required travel, if applicable. Could be stated as Must be willing and able to travel up to 20%.
* Masters degree in International Development, International Relations or a relevant technical area. PhD preferred.
* 7 or more years’ relevant management and technical experience.
* 5 years experience managing donor funds, including multi country grants. Strong knowledge and experience in budget management.
* 5 years of staff management experience and abilities that are conducive to a learning environment. Experience coaching senior program staff.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
* Continuous Improvement & Innovation
* Builds Relationships
* Develops Talent
* Strategic Mindset
* Accountability & Stewardship
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission an d operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.