Project Officer – ECD NGO Jobs – ChildFund International
Job Title: Project Officer – ECD
Organisation: ChildFund International
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Education & Early Learning Specialist
For over seventy years, ChildFund International has provided support to deprived, excluded and vulnerable children to have the capacity to improve their lives and opportunities to become young adults, parents and leaders who bring lasting and positive change to their communities. We promote societies whose individuals and institutions participate in valuing, protecting, and advancing the worth and rights of children. Our core commitment is child-centered change that will ensure healthy and secure infants, educated and confident children, and youth who are skilled and engage meaningfully in the affairs and decision making processes within their communities.
Job Summary: The Project Officer Early Childhood Development (ECD) will be part of the team that will lead in the implementation of project activities in line with the National Integrated Early childhood policy (NIECD). He will, provide technical support, build capacity and mentor community volunteers, parents and caregivers in various core program areas of ECD to ensure children in the target communities have a better start in life.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Remain alert and responsive to any child safeguarding risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills which will enable you to promote strong safeguarding practices, understand the child safeguarding policy and procedures, and conduct yourself in a manner consistent with the Child Safeguarding Policy.
- Take a lead in project implementation, quality assurance and evaluation of ECD project in line with NIECD policy
- Conduct ECD capacity assessment of existing ECD centres, ECD Facilitators, CBOs, other programme partners as appropriate within the project area
- Adapt/Develop materials related to ECD, including training packages, assessment tools for smooth roll out and implementation of ECD project component.
- Collaborate with local government authorities to constitute IECD committees as per new ECD policy(NIECD)
- Work with Child protection committees to sensitize communities on Child Protection.
- Ensure smooth operation of ECD activities, by implementing and monitoring ongoing activities; ensuring they are on schedule, are in line with NIECD policy, budget and agreed results framework, yield expected results, and are reported on time.
- Liaise with ChildFund International ECD Specialist at Country and international offices to ensure adherence to relevant ChildFund standards, policies and procedures.
- In consultation with M & E Manager facilitate quarterly reflection sessions and document lessons learnt and progress to impact including the unintended outcomes/challenges
- In consultation with M&E Manager, prepare and disseminate regular ECD monitoring reports to all stakeholders
- Responsible for the use of financial and material resources as per approved budgets, internal rules and procedures within ChildFund and in accordance with the guidelines of ChildFund Korea
- In collaboration with the Finance Department, track expenses against approved budgets and reviews financial reporting for approval prior to submission to donors and ensures timely financial reporting to donors
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree or relevant qualification in Education, social work, social sciences, public health (with early childhood focus) or a related field.
- Post graduate Diploma in project planning and Management
- At least five years of working experience in Child development programming with at least 3 years implementing ECD programmes.
- Strong participatory/ capacity building and training skills.
- Excellent organisational, logistic, communication and interpersonal skills
- Motor cycle license or ability and interest to learn and ride motor cycle.
- Knowledge of local language will be an added advantage.
How to Apply:
All candidates should apply online at the link below.