Fresher UN Admin Jobs – Team Assistant – United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
Job Title: Team Assistant (Fresher Admin Jobs)
Organization: United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the United Nation’s global development network. UNDP advocates for change and connects countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life. The UNDP provides expert advice, training, grant support to developing countries including Uganda with increasing emphasis on assistance to the least developed countries.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: Under the supervision of the National Administrative/Deputy Head of Office OHCHR, the Team Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
- Performs a wide range of office support and administrative functions.
- Monitors processes and schedules related the administrative unit’s outputs, products, tasks, etc.; where applicable, assists in the verification of receipt and accuracy of requisite documents, approvals, signatures, etc. to ensure compliance with relevant legal, financial and other requirements.
- Performs general administrative tasks (e.g. procurement processes in regard to arrangements for meetings and other events, reservations, budget follow-up, etc.), to include preparing and/or processing administrative requests/documents (e.g. requisitions, purchase orders, travel requests etc.)
- Supports in monitoring and alerting on deadlines for submission of required procurement documentations
- Supporting the Administration Team leaders and Desk Officers in preparing and finalizing procurement documents,
- Assists in preparing plans for the purchase of equipment, services, and supplies.
- Assists in reviewing, comparing, analyzing, and approving products and services to be purchased.
- Assists in maintaining accurate purchase and pricing records.
- Assists in maintaining and updating supplier information such as qualifications, delivery times, product ranges, etc.
- Assists in undertaking procurement function of sourcing for quotation and make analysis for the certification of the Administrative Officer and subsequently prepares commitment letter for approved purchases
- Administers invoices (match invoices received with procurement documents) and check for occurrence and arithmetic accuracy.
- Maintains good supplier relations and negotiations.
- Assists in researching and evaluating prospective suppliers.
- Assists in preparing budgets, cost analyses, and reports regarding procurement.
- Performs any other related duties assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Team Assistant job opportunity should hold a High school diploma or equivalent in Business Administration, Accounting or other related areas.
- Two years of combined progressively responsible experience in related area of work. Also experience in general office support is desirable.
- Language: Fluency in oral and written English.
- Professionalism: Demonstrated conceptual analytical and evaluation skills, ability to conduct independent research and analysis, identify issues, formulate opinions, make conclusions and recommendations.
- Planning & organizing: Ability to establish priorities and to plan, coordinate and monitors own work plan.
- Client orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view; establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
- Commitment to continuous learning: Willingness to learn and keep abreast of new developments in the field of administration.
- Technology awareness: Solid computer skill, including proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, IMIS, and relevant software packages.
- Communication: Proven ability to write in a clear and concise manner in English and to communicate effectively orally in the same language. Ability to draft correspondence and reports.
- Teamwork: Demonstrated interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a conflict-ridden, multicultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Knowledge: Knowledge and understanding of relevant administrative, financial and accounting policies and procedures.
How to Apply:
All Interested candidates who wish to join the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 13th April 2021