Monitoring and Evaluation Officer NGO Jobs – Aga Khan Foundation
Organisation: Aga Khan Foundation
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Since being founded by His Highness the Aga Khan in 1967, AKF has partnered with communities, governments, and local leaders to harness the best from people from all backgrounds to improve the quality of life. The Foundation’s work is rooted in core values of self-reliance, pluralism, and respect for human dignity. AKF is a member of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), one of the world’s leading poverty solutions networks. The AKDN’s integrated approach makes long-term investments, builds permanent institutions and cultivates an active civil society, impacting tens of millions of people annually in 30 countries. Alongside its sister AKDN agencies, AKF implements innovative, community-driven solutions based on decades of experience, learning and evaluation.
Job Summary: The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will lead the M&E activities under the ITH Programme to be implemented in Central and West Nile (Arua) regions of Uganda. The M&E Officer will be responsible for planning and implementation of baseline, and end line activities, planning and implementation of regular monitoring activities and supporting collection of success stories and capturing impact of the project as it progresses. The M&E officer will work with the facilitators and mentors of the boys and girls groups to document weekly engagement sessions including outcomes, challenges and risks and any other relevant data , as well as work with all relevant stakeholders including learning partners and project partners to consolidate and analyse relevant project data .The ITH programme will be implemented by the Aga Khan Foundation in partnership with In their Hands Company (ITH CO ) , and Triggerise Limited who will together provide comprehensive sexual and reproductive health services to adolescent girls (15-19) in Kampala and Arua, through immersive engagement with girls and their communities as well as a mobile based digital platform (ITH platform for a period of 11 months). The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer Reports to The Project Manager, ITH.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate with the in country and regional officers including MERL manager to plan and implement the various M$E activities such as base line and end line on the program.
- Setup a project MIS system
- Support development of appropriate data collection tools and analysis protocols as required and conduct data validation and quality assurance
- Provide timely and quality M&E data inputs to the regular (monthly, quarterly, and annual) program reports.
- Ensure M&E data needs are integrated into programme quality tools and do not exist as separate M&E or data collection tools and processes
- Establish community feedback loops to ensure they are used in program improvement. Be responsible for all data management needs under the program
- Ensure documentation of success stories, and impact from the ground maintaining a rich data base of stories with pictures and case studies on lessons learnt and best practices.
- Work with the AKF MERL team, project partners, as well as learning partner to facilitate documentation dissemination and program learning activities.
- Support facilitators and mentors of community groups to strengthen their data collection processes and provide feedback on their reports and work
- Participate in updating of AKF online technologies in M&E including the Awards Information Management System (AIMS), and Global Reach System (GRS
- Provide timely updates to programme team on data generated from community engagement activities.
- Perform other relevant duties as and when assigned, by or via the Country Manager, Programme Manager, and senior management team.
- Participate in risk assessment activities and work with project officers to consolidate and analyse data on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a bachelor’s degree in Development studies, statistics, economics, or related field. Post Graduate qualifications in M&E is an added advantage
- Relevant M&E experience of at least 3 years
- Strong computer and analytics skills, along with experience managing complex data sets, using different analysis tools is required
- Proven ICT skills, especially in the development of MIS software using database software.
- Strong report writing skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with diverse audiences in English.
How to Apply:
All Candidates interested in this exciting career opportunity with AKF should submit a cover letter and maximum three-page CV including the names and contact information of three professional referees at the link below.
Deadline: 19th April 2021 by 4:30 pm