Fresher Administration Officer NGO Jobs – Marie Stopes
Job Title: Administration Officer
Organisation: Marie Stopes
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Hospital Manager
Marie Stopes Uganda is an NGO registered in Uganda. We are affiliated to Marie Stopes International. Together we deliver post abortion care, quality sexual and reproductive health care and family planning to millions of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable women. We want to make sure that women have a choice when it comes to having children and that death by unsafe abortion is reduced.
Job Summary: Reporting to the Hospital Manager, the Administration Officer will provide general supportive services to ensure the smooth running of the Hospital.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
General Office Management and Running Activities include:
- Support courier arrangements, conferences, workshops/trainings, meetings, and entertainment and ensure that minutes are taken, signed off and filed.
- Avail staff with the necessary stationary and any other required office supplies to enable smooth operations whilst maintaining a close working relationship with procurement on purchasing supplies.
- Expected to enable proper management of office supplies stocks and inventories.
- Support management of MSU’s telephone and data incentives including landlines and cell phones.
- Examine grievances raised by staff in respect to welfare facilities i.e., rest rooms, washing and toilet facilities, drinking water, kitchen…. Etc. and refer complicated issues accordingly
- Ensuring a clean and secure office environment.
- Oversee all administrative filing, records, and archiving. Establish clear filing system to hold all information related to hospital activities and meetings, as requested
- Carrying out secretarial duties as assigned i.e., drafting, typing, editing, and formatting documents and letters that go out to stakeholders
- Maintain both staff and stakeholder contacts list in liaison with the HR office and respective departments.
- Handle daily incoming calls, inquiries relating to hospital Visitors and process accordingly
Supervisory Role Activities include:
- Routine management of office assistant with clear allocation of duties
- Assess performance regularly, adjusting tasks as necessary
- Planning and overseeing maintenance services and scheduling
- Manage the office assistant in terms of ensuring timely office supplies distribution & replenishment
- Assess performance of office assistant and/or suppliers regularly, adjusting tasks as necessary
Payments Activities include:
- Verify all invoice amounts including utility bills for the hospital and arranges for prompt payment thereof.
Assets Management Responsibilities include:
- Support the acquisition of MSU Assets based on the organisational needs.
- Update and maintain an accurate hospital asset register.
- Ensure all asset transfers are documented and assets are physically verified
- Ensure all assets in the hospital are tagged and labelled
Petty cash Management Activities include:
- Ensure the proper management of the organization’s petty ensuring that there is adequate cash flow management for smooth running of the organization, the float is maintained, and cash is securely stored
- Ensure that adequate supporting documents are attached for accountability purposes and that all reported expenditure is valid and appropriately coded.
- Timely preparation of petty cash reports and submission to the finance department.
- Coordinate petty cash counts i.e., before replenishment and at the end of every period
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Diploma or degree in office management or administration and or Humanity Studies.
- Two years of experience in office administration in a busy environment
- Strong service orientation
- Flexibility with great ability to multitask
- Proven ability to follow tasks carefully and use initiative
- Excellent coordination and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and maintain favorable public relations
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and good ethical conduct
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their applications and updated CVs to email@example.com
Deadline: 15th April 2021.