Accounts Assistant NGO Jobs – Aga Khan Foundation
Job Title: Accounts Assistant (NGO Jobs)
Organisation: Aga Khan Foundation
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Since being founded by His Highness the Aga Khan in 1967, AKF has partnered with communities, governments, and local leaders to harness the best from people from all backgrounds to improve the quality of life. The Foundation’s work is rooted in core values of self-reliance, pluralism, and respect for human dignity. AKF is a member of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), one of the world’s leading poverty solutions networks. The AKDN’s integrated approach makes long-term investments, builds permanent institutions and cultivates an active civil society, impacting tens of millions of people annually in 30 countries. Alongside its sister AKDN agencies, AKF implements innovative, community-driven solutions based on decades of experience, learning and evaluation.
Job Summary: AKF seeks a highly experienced and professional accounts assistant who will be based in Kampala and will work with a team for a period of 11 months starting May 2021 and ending March 2022. The accounts officer will support the project team planning for and tracking expenditure, timely accountability and compliance with external and internal budgeting and procurement manuals and requirements, supporting a requisite burn rate and flag any related risks. The accounts officer will perform the following roles.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure compliance with organizational financial policies and procedures as well as statutory financial requirements.
- Prepare timely and accurate monthly, quarterly and annual financial project reports.
- Monitor and manage activity advance requests including timely review and liquidation of such advances.
- Develop and maintain a procurement and expenditure schedule and tracking tool aligned with the various work plans of the ITH Project.
- Track and monitor payment schedules and ensure timely payment.
- Participate in project activities and document any expenditure.
- Review any payments and advise on required adjustments.
- Prepare monthly expenditure reports and verify them with all relevant ITH Project staff.
- Flag any risks, fraud, and incomplete financial accountability from all ITH Project staff.
- Support the program team in management of activity advances including participant’s verification and carrying out facilitation payments at activity sites.
- Pre –review /check activity advance requests, accountabilities and reports, staff claims and accountabilities for activity advances.
- Check time sheets for project staff to ensure staff have correctly recorded their time and allocated it appropriately.
- Liaise with country finance manager, senior accountant, to ensure timely processing of payments.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance
- A minimum of three years of accounting experience.
- Ability to use own initiative and actively look for opportunities to address any bottlenecks concerning project expenditure.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office products Word, Excel and PPT and other relevant software and tools (Business Dynamics)
- Ability to work under pressure and efficiently handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to work under own initiative or as a part of a team; and
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Willingness to be based in the field, travelling to remote locations is a must.
How to Apply:
All Candidates interested in this exciting career opportunity with AKF should submit a cover letter and maximum three-page CV including the names and contact information of three professional referees at the link below.
Deadline: 19th April 2021 by 4:30 pm