HR & Admin. Officer US Non-profit Jobs – International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Job Title: HR & Admin. Officer (Temporary – 3 months)
Organisation: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC has been working in Uganda since 1998. The current program portfolio in Uganda includes health, protection & rule of law, gender-based violence and women’s protection and empowerment, economic recovery and development.
Job Summary: Under the direct supervision of the Human Resource Manager, the HR/ Admin Officer will support the affairs related to the day to day running of the IRC Uganda Office .The Human Resource and Admin Officer will assist in the human resources activities including recruitment and orientation, updating and maintaining personnel files, manage staff benefits, insurance schemes and timesheets.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Recruitment and on-boarding
- Organize interviews and follow through on hiring procedures in line with the IRC policy
- Liaise with hiring managers and field HR/Admin staff to ensure new staff are oriented upon hire in all IRC offices. This includes providing pre-assignment information and orienting employees of the IRC Way.
- Maintain accurate and up to date personnel records of all employees including orderly archiving.
- Ensure staff understand their benefits package and lead an effective administration of the benefits.
- Provide HRIS Support
- Support in updating data in Promise and employee directory and ensuring it is accurate and up to date.
- Process and track all termination paperwork for all national staff including preparation of termination notice letters in relation to closing grants and restructuring.
- Work closely with supervisors to ensure exit interviews are offered to all exiting staff
- Ensure that exited staff are removed from the health insurance and GPA schemes accordingly
- Perform any other duties as needed, requested or designated by the HR Manager or HR Coordinator.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the International Rescue Committee (IRC) HR & Admin. Officer (Temporary – 3 months) job must hold a Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Human Resources or any other related area of study
- At least three years of relevant professional experience working with an international NGO in a cross-cultural setting, preferably in the HR sector
- Strong knowledge and experience of HRIS and ideally in supporting others to use HRIS. Knowledge in Promise HRMIS is an added advantage.
- Ability to analyse and interpret numerical data and processes
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of discretion and confidentiality of HR information
- Ability to use judgement to resolve when to take care of a query to conclusion or when to pass to another member of the team
- Organised, methodical and detail oriented
- Willingness and ability to work in a multi-site international organisation
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office packages – Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Able to coach and support others.
How to Apply:
All candidates should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 12th April 2021