Assistant Monitoring and Evaluation Officer Job Careers – Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry & Fisheries
Job Title: Assistant Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Organisation: Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry & Fisheries
Project Name: Uganda Multi-Sectoral Food Security and Nutrition Project)
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
Reports to: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
The functions of the Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries (MAAIF) are derived from the Constitution of the Republic of Uganda, the Local Governments Act (1997) and the Public Service Reform Programme (PSRP). The role of MAAIF is to create an enabling environment in the Agricultural Sector.
The Government of Uganda received a grant from the Global Agriculture and Food Security Program (GAFSP) towards implementation of the Uganda Multi-sectoral Food Security and Nutrition Programme (UMFSNP). The Project Development Objective (PDO) is to increase production and consumption of nutrient-rich foods and utilization of community-based nutrition services in smallholder households in project areas. The project will innovatively use the primary schools under the universal primary education programme as a transfer pathway for both agriculture and health based nutrition friendly technologies and services.
Job Summary: The Assistant Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will support the M& E Officer coordinate all M&E activities under the project, compiling M&E reports, organizing M&E specialized studies, workshops and surveys, and coordinating knowledge sharing activities.
The incumbent will be responsible to the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer. The job demands high energy, working and travelling long hours; and consistently demanding filing of regular high quality reports within strict timelines. The Assistant Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will take operational responsibility for the following duties:
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Assist the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer in;
- The development, maintenance and operation of the project M&E including management information systems at all levels of project implementation;
- Providing technical guidance on data collection, collation and analysis of information and prepare quarterly, annual and other reports on project implementation;
- Coordinating all communication and knowledge sharing activities specified in the Project Implementation Manual;
- preparation Annual Project Implementation Plans (Logical Framework) and coordinate the accomplishment of the planned objectives through project operators/stakeholders;
- Performing any other duties as assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The candidate should be in possession of an Honors Bachelor’s degree in any of the following fields: Statistics, Quantitative Economics, Agricultural Economics, Agricultural sciences, Rural Development and Development Studies.
- A Post Graduate Certificate in Monitoring and Evaluation or a higher related qualification, from a recognized university or institution is a must requirement.
- At least three (3) years’ experience in a related field in a reputable organization
- The candidate should have evidence of very good STATA and SPSS analytical skills with extensive experience in data collection, analysis and report writing.
How to Apply:
All candidates should send sealed expression of interest (application letters, curriculum Vitae and copies of academic documents) should be delivered by hand to the address below.
Please indicate the position being applied for on top of the envelope.
All applicants MUST register their Names and sign the registration Form as confirmation of delivery of the application.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Permanent Secretary
Ministry of Agriculture, Animal industry and Fisheries
P.O. Box 102,
Telephone: 0414-320 004/323990
Fax: 0414-321 255
The Commissioner Human Resource Management,
Plot 16-18 Lugard Avenue
Deadline: 21st April 2021 by 4pm