Human Resource/ Administrator Jobs – Serenity Centre
Job Title: Human Resource/ Administrator
Organisation: Serenity Centre
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Serenity Centre is a pioneer NGO registered under the NGO Statue 1989 with a mission to provide holistic services to the individuals, families and communities suffering from Alcohol, substance abuse, and addictive illnesses. From a humble beginning since August 2001, Serenity Centre has continued to offer a number of rehabilitation programs to individuals who struggle with Alcoholism, drug addiction (Heroin, Cocaine, and Marijuana,) prescribed medication and many related substances.
Job Summary: The Human Resource/ Administrator will ensure smooth human resource management functions and administrative functions related to Serenity Centre treatment and rehabilitation of individuals with alcohol use disorders and substance use following organizational policies and procedures.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Human Resources Management Roles.
- Plan and facilitating HR activities in the team: contract, recruitment, employee relation and ensuring developing job descriptions for current/new positions, assisting the progress of job planning and performance management as well as maintaining current organizational chart and current staff contact list.
- Promote the HR function through induction, Open and maintain employees’ files, grant leaves and permission to staff, Monitor staff performance and attendance, recommend and execute annual staff development plans.
- Recommend and execute policies, procedures, rules, regulations for employees in compliance with Ugandan Labor Laws and other related instruments.
- Review and update all human resources policies to meet the organization’s needs, Monitor and record employee time sheets and leave requests and Support for procedures or papers relating to personnel or staffing issues
- Attend to and provide timely responses to the clients
- Ensure that maintenance of Serenity Centre buildings is done timely.
- Directly supervise the security guards and ensure that clients participate in activities as per the time table, directly supervise the Hygiene team to ensure maximum cleanliness at all times and gardeners to have constant food, vegetable and fruits production.
- Maintain an updated list of suppliers in liaison with the procurement committee.
- Manage the Centre’s assets, office equipment and supplies
- Monitor and supervise purchases and stock.
- Supervise the administration of the organizational vehicles.
- Together with the clinical team, plan staff well fare/self-care.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a University degree in administration, human resource management or other relevant discipline.
- A least six years of experience working as an HR and administrative officer for an international organization/NGO.
- Emotional maturity and skillful in interpersonal, time management, communication, and problem solving skills
- Very good computer skills in internet, MS office
- Experience in team building gained in the similar work environment is an added advantage.
- Age: Above 35 years
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested Candidates should send their applications, photocopies of Certified Academic documents and resume with 3 referees to:
The Executive Director,
Serenity Centre (A Journey into New Life),
Bwebajja- Kabulamuliro, off Entebbe Road,
P.O. Box 31749, Kampala, Uganda.
All applicants MUST send a soft copy of their application plus all the attachments to this email addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
All interested candidates MUST Deliver a hard copy to Serenity Centre Premises:
Kabulamuliro, Bwebajja off Entebbe Road, St.Theresa, Akright stretch.
Deadline: Friday 16th April, 2021 by 5:00pm EAT.
Note: Serenity Centre is an equal opportunities employer and all eligible individuals are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.