2 UN Administration High School Diploma Jobs – Team Assistants – United Nations Department of Operational Support (DOS)
Organisation: United Nations Department of Operational Support (DOS)
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
Job Opening number: 21-Administration-DOS-145622-J-Entebbe (O)
Reports to: Chief, Air Transport Services, Logistics Division
The Department of Operational Support was established to provide operational advisory services to client entities across the Secretariat, including other departments, offices away from headquarters, field missions, and regional commissions.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: Within delegated authority, the Team Assistant(s) will be responsible for the following duties:
- Assists the Team in a wide range of office support and administrative functions.
- Drafts responses to routine correspondence.
- Assists the Team in reviewing documents and editing texts for accuracy, grammar, punctuation and style, and for adherence to established standards formats.
- Assists in implementation of operational strategies of the team within the service line by focusing on full compliance of administrative activities with RSCE rules,
- regulations, policies and strategies and the provision of inputs to the service line’s administrative business processes mapping and implementation of the internal standard operating procedures.
- Responds to moderately complex information requests and inquiries and as necessary refers inquiries to appropriate personnel for handling.
- Ensures effective and efficient functioning of the team within the service line by maintaining contact with visitors and staff, make arrangement of appointments and meeting including meeting room reservation.
- Supports the team within the service line with leave monitoring and maintaining leave and absences.
- Maintains files and records relevant to the team within the service line; maintenance of office stationery supplies and any other related tasks.
- Participates in the training for administrative staff.
- Ensures effective administrative and logistical support by assisting support services provided to all RSCE staff and staff of the client missions.
- Perform data entry functions.
- Prepares processes and follows-up on administrative arrangements and forms related to the official travel of staff.
- Maintains files of rules, regulations, administrative instructions and other related documentation.
- Maintains up to date the team files (both paper and electronic).
- Coordinates extensively with service line and liaises frequently RSCE and client mission staff.
- Performs other related administrative duties, as required
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the United Nations Department of Operational Support (DOS) Team Assistant job should hold a High school diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum of three (3) years of progressively responsible experience in administrative services, finance, accounting, audit, human resources, general office support or related area is required.
- Experience using Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Systems such as SAP (Umoja) is desirable.
- Experience working with MS Office Suite, including Excel and word processing is desirable.
- Experience in document processing and archive systems is desirable.
- Languages: fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of French is desirable.
- Professionalism: Knowledge of general office and administrative support including administrative policies, processes and procedures. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Commitment to implementing the goal of gender equality by ensuring the equal participation and full involvement of women and men in all aspects of work.
- Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
- Planning and Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join the United Nations Department of Operational Support (DOS)
should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 12th April 2021