Fresher SGBV Assistant – Response American NGO Jobs – ALIGHT
Job Title: SGBV Assistant – Response (Fresher Jobs)
Duty Station: Uganda
ALIGHT, formerly the American Refugee Committee (ARC), is an international nonprofit, nonsectarian organization that has provided humanitarian assistance and training to millions of beneficiaries over the last 40 years. In 2011, Alight helped nearly 2.5 million people get essential services to regain their health and take back control of their lives. Alight works with its partners and constituencies to provide opportunities and expertise to communities of refugees and internally displaced persons in seven countries in Africa, Asia and Europe, including Iraq, Kosovo, and in the Darfur region of Sudan and is currently providing for emergency relief and recovery in Haiti. Alight provides shelter, clean water and sanitation, health care, skills training, microcredit education, protection to help survivors of war and natural disasters to rebuild their lives with dignity, health care, security and self-sufficiency.
Job Summary: The SGBV Assistant- Response will provide case management and psycho-social support to women and girls and particularly gender-based violence survivors, and support the capacity building of the local partner on GBV Case Management
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- In compliance with best-practice and international standards in GBV response, provide direct psycho social support for vulnerable women and girls and particularly GBV survivors. Case management services will include assessment of needs, development of an action plan for recovery, conducting referrals to relevant services, implementing the action plan and ensuring appropriate follow up and case closure when appropriate. The case management process should be implemented through a survivor-centered approach;
- Provide age-appropriate counseling for vulnerable adolescent girls and children through the implementation of tools developed for caring for child survivors and in the best interest of the child;
- Provide age-appropriate quality psychosocial support in mobile and static safe spaces (including women resource centers) and child-friendly spaces including emotional support group sessions and awareness/information sessions.
- Support technical capacity building of the community structures on GBV case management.
- Follow up File and store GBV data in the gender-based violence information management system (GBV IMS) in compliance with the information sharing protocol developed at the inter-agency level;
- Prepare and submit weekly and monthly work plans in a timely manner.
- Create awareness on SGBV using the SASA! tool
- Contribute to the maintenance of an up-to-date service mapping of the service providers operating in the area
- Receive referrals from different agencies, do action plan and appropriate response to each case; ad send referrals to different agencies according to the action plan developed with the client;
- Attend case conferences with relevant key actors when needed, while ensuring a survivor-centered approach;
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders and advocacy to address gaps in GBV response services and referral protocols.
- Work closely with the child protection sector when GBV cases involve child survivors, particularly when assessing best interest of the child.
- Actively plan and submit weekly and monthly work plans and progress reports against set work plans using agreed reporting tools to the supervisor.
- Perform any other duties assigned to you
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the ALIGHT SGBV Assistant – Response job opportunity should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Community Psychology, and/or Social Work or related field required;
- At least two (2) years’ experience working with SGBV Survivors, preferably in Refugee settings;
- Experience promoting community-level behavior change targeting prevention of SGBV essential, particularly experience based on activation of community-level structures, refugee leadership bodies, etc.
- Ability to write clear and concise reports for both internal and external use essential;
- Experience managing project work flow, development of project work plans, and carrying out on site monitoring and evaluation of works conducted essential;
- Knowledge of SASA methodology is preferable.
- Fluency in Swahili and ability to ride a Motorcycle with a valid license (Class A) is an added advantage.
NB: Female Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
How to Apply:
All applicants should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 14th April 2021