Sanitary Officer Non-profit Jobs – Makerere University Walter Reed Project (MUWRP)
Job Title: Sanitary Officer
Organization: Makerere University Walter Reed Project (MUWRP)
Duty Station: Mukono, Uganda
Makerere University Walter Reed Project (MUWRP) is a non-profit biomedical research Organization, whose mission is to mitigate disease threats through quality research, health care and disease surveillance. MUWRP was established in 2002 by a Memorandum of Agreement between The Henry M. Jackson Foundation for the Advancement of Military Medicine, lnc. (HJF) and Makerere University (Mak) to undertake medical research to test HIV vaccines. Over the years, MUWRP’s portfolio has progressively expanded to include vaccine research for Ebola and Marburg viruses, surveillance of influenza and influenza- like viruses and other emerging infections in humans and animals; also epidemiological, basic and implementation research in HIV treatment, care and prevention programs in the Districts of Kayunga, Mukono, Buvuma and Buikwe.
Job Summary: The candidate will serve as a sanitary officer for Makerere University Walter Reed Project field office in Mukono and will be charged with general cleanliness of all MUWRP – Mukono workstations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sweeping and mopping floors.
- Dusting, damp wiping, washing or polishing the furniture, ledges, window sills
- Keep records of sundries and replenishing consumable items (soap, toilet rolls, paper towels) if required
- Using chemical agents to clean toilets, urinals, hand basins and sinks.
- Keep a check on cleaning stock levels and inform the supervisor of low stock levels (e.g. cleaning products)
- Maintain tidy and organized storage areas.
- Provide support to staff as requested and in accordance with own training / skill parameters
- Notify the supervisor of any repairs required
- Mix and dispose of all cleaning solutions appropriately
- Spray insecticides and fumigants to prevent insect and rodent infestation.
- Cleaning Project vehicles and motor bikes
- Loading and offloading of supplies and equipment when required
- Perform any other duties as directed by the Supervisors.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold an ‘O’ Level Certificate
- Physical fitness
- The candidate should be innovative and self-driven with good communication skills and proven integrity.
- High level of responsibility in handling project property
- Willingness to put in extra time and effort when required is essential.
- Willingness to be trained in the Standard Operating procedures of jurisdiction
- Should be willing to start work immediately.
- Must have a recommendation letter from a MUWRP staff or acceptable responsible person
How to Apply:
All qualified and interested candidates should apply online at the link below and Choosing the desired position.
Deadline: 16th April, 2021
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.