Entry Level Officer Fleet Management Job Vacancies – Uganda Revenue Authority (URA)
Job Title: Officer Fleet Management (Entry Level Jobs)
Organisation: Uganda Revenue Authority (URA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) was established by the Uganda Revenue Authority Statute of 1991 and set up in September of the same year as a central body for assessment and collection of specified revenue, to administer and enforce the laws relating to such revenue and to provide for related matters. This statute incorporated all the laws that were in force then regarding tax collection. The new organization (URA) amalgamated the three tax administration departments that were responsible for all the taxes collected by the Central Government of Uganda.
Job Summary: The Officer Fleet Management will mainly coordinate the provision of transportation services to Official passengers and items to facilitate business operations in the Authority
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Monitor the implementation of URA Fleet insurance and license cover to ensure compliance with the provisions of the Insurance Policy and Regulations
- Maintain a database of URA Fleet due for insurance/license renewal and forward to supervisor for approval when need arises
- Follow-up on acquisition of insurance/license stickers with Transport Licensing Board
- Prepare claims for license fees renewals for payment and distribute license/insurance stickers to the respective Fleet Assistants
- Coordinate the insurance compensation and third party liability claims process when accidents occur
- Generate quarterly accident management reports that informs Transport Licensing board and management’s decisions
Coordinate the URA fleet repairs and maintenance to ensure fleet is good mechanical condition.
- Conduct pre and post physical examination of vehicle mechanical defects as well as repair history and generate repair reports.
- Reconcile tax invoices against repair and service orders raised and forward to the supervisor for approval
- Reconcile quotations from prequalified service providers against the respective vehicle repair history.
- Monitor the service due dates and follow-up on repair/service works
- Monitor insurance and warranty for all the authority vehicles that have undergone repairs
- Maintain a database of service orders raised and old mechanical parts
- Generate monthly repairs and maintenance reports and submit to the supervisor
- Monitor maintenance costs and support Supervisor on preparing monthly reports
Supervise the Fleet management system and Log books usage to foster compliance with the Fleet Management Policy and guidelines
- Sensitize Fleet Assistants on Fleet Management System and log book usage
- Raise requisitions for parking registers, vehicle gate passes and log books for issuance to fleet assistants
- Monitor the usage of motor vehicle log books and street parking receipts and store those that are used up
- Extract periodic Fleet Management Information System reports on vehicle parking compliance and submit to Supervisor Fleet
Respond to transport and logistical requests across URA to facilitate business operations
- Respond transport requests across URA to transport staff and any other authorized items
- Compile fuel order requests and submit to the supervisor for approval
- Prepare and account for payments of hired services
- Reconcile vehicle fuel consumption, cleaning and maintenance costs and submit to supervisor for approval
- Coordinate the procurement process and maintenance of motor vehicle tyres.
- Enforce health safety and environmental regulations for users of fleet services
Plan and manage the performance and development of staff under jurisdiction so as to improve their productivity
- Plan and budget for resource requirements in the business Unit and monitor the usage to ensure efficiency
- Develop and monitor a Business Unit Work plan and develop performance agreements with all the staff under supervision
- Monitor staff performance and provide guidance and periodic feedback for performance improvement
- Assess the training and development needs of staff under supervision and recommend appropriate interventions
- Provide coaching and mentoring support to staff under jurisdiction
- Initiate and implement activities/programs intended to create and harness teamwork in the business Unit
- Implement succession planning and any other staff related programs as introduced and approved in the organization
- Create and maintain a working atmosphere that fosters creativity and innovation in the team
- Monitor welfare of Fleet Assistants specifically those in regional offices
- Ensure Fleet Assistants have valid driving permits
- Sensitize Fleet Assistants on Customer Centric service delivery
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) Officer Fleet Management job must hold an honors Bachelors’ of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering, or Electrical Mechanical Engineering from a recognized University.
- A valid driving permit with at least class B (04 years).
- At least (2) two years’ experience in fleet management in a reputable organization.
- Knowledge of Traffic and Road Safety Act,
- Knowledge of Computerized Fleet Management Systems
- Knowledge in handling Insurance matters and incident management.
- The incumbent should have good Communication skills
- The incumbent should have good interpersonal customer care skills
- The incumbent should have good crisis management skills
- S/he should have a proven record of integrity.
- S/he should be able to demonstrate Analytical and decision making skills
- Training in Fleet management
- A certificate in Auto mobiles
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join URA should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 1st May 2021