Fresher Business Development Officer Job Vacancies – B&S Produce Uganda
Job Title: Business Development Officer
Organisation: B&S Produce Uganda
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Plant Manager
B&S Produce Uganda was established in 2013. The main plant is located at Bombo Luwero District Uganda, Nyimbwa – Gulu Highway with its Main office Located at Forest Mall Lugogo Bypass Unit 48. Produce dealt includes coffee beans, G-nuts, kidney beans, maize, Sesame, Sorghum, Soya Beans, fresh vegetables and fruits.
Job Summary: Within the delegated authority, the Business Development Officer will be expected to provide timely, efficiently, and appropriate Sales & Marketing, Procurement & Logistics and Admin support services to B&S Produce.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sales & Marketing: Identify potential clients through prospecting, telemarketing, sales database management, and other form of networking, build strategic relationships/partner with key industry players, agencies, clients, community, and vendors, devising and presenting ideas and strategies, prepare and implement comprehensive business plans to facilitate achievement by planning cost-effective operations and market development activities, actively collect and analyze market intelligence information, be on top of the regional market trends.
- Procurement: Act as the focal point with farmers/venders, actively participate in produce procurement directly from farmers, develop plans & strategies to lower costs, improve deliveries timeliness and assure supply, implement procurement strategy/policies, ensure that local market surveys are regularly carried out, to ensure a full knowledge of the availability and price of local items, support coordinate and track shipments and arrange appropriate transportation, freight consolidation, cost analysis, routing, and scheduling.
- Admin: Produce a range of documents including letters/emails and presentations as required, handling office tasks, such as filing, generating reports, presentations, setting up for meetings, and reordering supplies, maintain record-keeping systems for recording and monitoring service processes and provide regular summary reports to management to ensure that relevant updates and reviews take place in a timely manner.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a University Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Logistics Supply Chain, Management, Agriculture, or other related fields
- A minimum of two to three years’ experience in a corporate company preferably service industry. Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should submit their letters of interest including updated CV (Maximum 3 pages) to email@example.com and copy to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title position indicated as the Email subject.
- No academic documents required at this stage (This requirement will be coordinated in the separate communication to only shortlisted applicants).
- No consideration will be made on applications received after the deadline.
Deadline: Tuesday 13th April 2021