Fresher Program Administration Assistant (PlayMatters) US Non-profit Jobs – International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Organisation: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC has been working in Uganda since 1998. The current program portfolio in Uganda includes health, protection & rule of law, gender-based violence and women’s protection and empowerment, economic recovery and development.
Job Summary: IRC is seeking a Program Administration Assistant for a five-year project, “PlayMatters”, funded by the LEGO Foundation. This position will be a part of the larger PlayMatters initiative to increase play-based learning opportunities for nearly 1 million pre-primary and primary school aged refugee and host community children impacted by the humanitarian crises in East Africa and living in Tanzania, Ethiopia and Uganda. This project aims to build children’s social, emotional, cognitive, physical, and creative skills through play in their homes, schools, and communities. The project is implemented in partnership with War Child Holland, Plan International, Behavioral Insights Team and Innovations for Poverty Action.
The Program Administration Assistant shall work under the direction of the Deputy Project Coordinator to provide effective operational and administrative assistance to the coordinators and staff of the Uganda PlayMatters Project during day-to-day implementation of the project. S/he will help with a variety of administrative, coordination, logistical and information management functions of the project.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Compiles, organizes, regularly updates, and maintains an active and accessible project information database using BOX and/or any other designated platforms.
- Creates and maintains an efficient e-filing system, up-to-date files and references (both electronic and hardcopy) of correspondence/documents and project records for various project work streams.
- Provides clerical support for formatting and editing various program documents, such as work plans, budgets, briefing materials, presentations, and reports.
- Supports dissemination of project specific communication materials such as policies, templates, plans, budgets, and reports,
- Liaises with Supply Chain, assist in preparing the project procurement plans, requisitions and updates on receipt of goods and services.
- Liaises with different budget holders, assist in the preparation and tracking of purchase requests in BvA, payment requests and claims for program activities.
- Liaises with Transport Manager to make travel arrangements and schedules for the project team.
- Maintains and regularly updates travel plans, assist project team to prepare travel requisitions and claims
- Liaises with HR to support with coordinating logistical arrangements for accommodation in the different field locations.
- Supports in arranging project team appointments and maintain mailing lists, directory, activity calendar and facilitate following up on deadlines.
- Supports administrative arrangements for project events, meetings and workshops.
- Coordinates regular project team meetings (virtual and face to face) including preparing and sharing minutes for meetings, summary notes and other documentation.
- Assists with orientation of new staff, interns, visitors, and consultants by providing them with the necessary documents and materials for orientation.
- Works with other Program Assistants to coordinate work activities, meet deadlines, and provide support where needed.
- Performs any other duties assigned by the supervisor in accordance with instructions from team members.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the International Rescue Committee (IRC) Program Administration Assistant (PlayMatters) job must hold a University degree in Business Administration, Secretarial Studies, or any other related area of study
- At least three years of relevant work experience providing similar administrative support with a development program/project.
- Proficient computer knowledge and application of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power-point and Outlook.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in teams, solve problems, prioritize workloads, meet deadlines and work well under pressure is highly desired.
- Fluency in English is required
How to Apply:
All candidates should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 20th April 2021