Acquisition & Assistance Specialist USAID Project Jobs – Jefferson Consulting Group
Job Title: Acquisition & Assistance Specialist
Organisation: Jefferson Consulting Group
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Jefferson Solutions is a small well-respected, woman-owned professional services firm thet consists of two companies, Jefferson Solutions and Jefferson Business Consulting.
Job Summary: Jefferson Solutions, a well-respected, woman-owned small consulting firm, seeks a highly qualified individual to serve as an Acquisition & Assistance Specialist in the Office of Acquisition and Assistance (OAA) for USAID/Uganda. The purpose of this position is to assist the Contracting Officer/Agreement Officer (CO/AO) to perform a full range of acquisition and assistance functions in support of USAID’s technical offices. The preponderance of the work will be performed in Kampala, Uganda.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists OAA to ensure compliance with solicitation requirements under the Federal Acquisition Regulations and the Code of Federal Regulations for procurements ranging from simplified acquisitions to complex, multimillion-dollar technical assistance awards.
- Assists CO/AOs in reviewing offers and analyzing cost, quality and timelines to determine best value to the U.S. Government.
- Negotiates and prepares award documents including contracts, grants or cooperative agreements, modifications for incremental funding, cost extensions, no-additional-cost extensions, deobligation, budget realignments and others for A&A actions.
- Assists the CO/AO in drafting contracts, task orders against indefinite quantity contracts, grants and cooperative agreements and technical evaluation committee instructions for final execution by the CO/AO.
- Assists the CO/AO in drafting memoranda of negotiations
- Ensures that supporting documentation for procurement requests (e.g. IGCEs, IAPs, SSPs, etc.), waivers, J&A, JRE correspondence, deviations and memoranda are accurate and complete.
- Obtains all clearances for OAA actions and distributes final executed awards, modifications and administrative approvals in accordance with Agency policy and Federal law. Provides guidance to the Contracting/Agreement Officer’s Representative (C/AOR)on A&A actions as and when required.
- Maintains official OAA files and records according to Agency policy, including procurement sensitive information and commercial proprietary information that must be kept confidential and may not be shared outside the OAA.
- Supports data management to ensure updates to the Mission Procurement Plan, Acquisition and Assistance (A&A) awards list, closeout list, C/AOR list, Action Tracker list, Annual Inventories, Filing and Disposition Plan, Vital Records and provides information on Negotiated Indirect Cost Rate Agreements (NICRA) and other data as required.
- Reviews requests received from technical offices, Contractors, Grantees and partner organizations; recommends approval or disapproval to the CO/AO; and drafts the approval/disapproval letters for sub-awards, subcontracts, disposition plans, equipment purchases, key personnel, salary approval, cost and time amendment, international travel, C/AOR designation letter, branding and marking plans and closeout letters.
- Prepares correspondence related to contract/assistance closeout; initiating administrative closeout; evaluating financial and technical data, invoices, past performance closeout information and submittals, property reports and disposition requests, and final reports; as well as analyzing and resolving audit findings related to award closeout.
- Support Technical Evaluation Committees (TECs), including organizing and facilitating TEC meetings and assisting with developing TEC recommendation memos.
- Performs final compliance reviews of terms and conditions on a wide range of contracting and assistance instruments to determine business and regulatory compliance in order to administratively close instruments. Reviews official files to ensure resolution of all administrative actions, to ensure contract is complete in every aspect and ready to close, and to obtain approval of all closeout documentation. This process often includes analysis of alternatives, adaptation, or modification of procedures, or resolution of incomplete or conflicting technical or contractor data.
- Manages a system to ensure administrative close out of instruments is performed within prescribed Federal and USAID time standards.
- In accordance with the Office Vital Records Program, performs physical retirement and storage of officially closed and retired contract and assistance instrument files. Updates closeout tracker of physically closed instruments throughout the administrative close out process until files are retired.
- Issues pre-completion notices and requests close out plans from contractors and recipients in advance of instrument completion dates.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in business, accounting, management or related field required.
- At least three of progressively responsible experience in acquisition and assistance or another closely related field required. Experience with USAID is highly desirable.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Facilities Access Clearance (FAC) required. Current FAC preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR);
- Knowledge of USAID’s acquisitions and assistance regulatory framework, including the AIDAR, APS, AAPDs, OMB Circulars, FAM/FAH, and 22 CFR Chapter II;
- Strong analytical skills to evaluate procurement options and apply regulations and procedures to complex individual situations.
- Accuracy, attention to detail, punctuality, and excellent written and verbal communication skills are critical.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills are required – the incumbent must be tactful, personable, and be able to maintain effective working relationships with all levels of employees and supervisors.
- The ability to prioritize and work under severe pressure to fulfill multiple tasks simultaneously within tough time limits.
- Must be an enthusiastic and self-directed learner.
- Strong, professional computer skills, including the ability to work with spreadsheets, database management software, and sophisticated online applications, are required.
How to Apply:
All candidates should apply online at the link below.