Director Finance and Administration Employment Opportunity – Legal Aid Service Providers Network (LASPNET)
Job Title: Director Finance and Administration
Organisation: Legal Aid Service Providers Network (LASPNET)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
The Legal Aid Service Providers Network (LASPNET) is a National member based Non-Government organization that was established in 2004 to provide strategic linkages and a collaborative platform for legal aid service providers (LASPs) in Uganda and maintain a common front to relevantly interface with Justice Law & Order (LOS) on access to Justice and Rule of Law. The Network currently has 55 members across 80 districts in the country in addition to 7 honorary members of good standing who include Judges, founding members and strategic partners. The Network targets three critical aspects of coordination namely: A collective role of bringing together different LAŞPs in solidarity for strategizing. sharing lessons and experiences while minimizing duplication; a capacitating role of ensuring improved quality standards among LASPs but also linking International/ Regional development on Legal aid to national interventions; a supportive role of documenting and amplifying voice on key issues regarding access to justice and legal aid at Regional and National level. LASPNET wishes to recruit qualified persons in the following positions at its Secretariat:
Job Summary: The Director of Finance and Administration is responsible for providing overall leadership and direction to the management team, as well as, the day—to-day management of the finance, information technology, and administration functions for the organization. This position will build and sustain the capacity of the ﬁnance and administration department and provide exemplary stewardship through the establishment, monitoring and improvement of accounting, finance, IT and administrative systems and procedures.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should hold a first degree in Commerce, Business Administration or any related discipline, plus full professional qualiﬁcation such as CPA, ACCA, CMA. A master’s degree in any of the above discipline shall be an added advantage.
- Five years of prior experience as Finance Director/Manager or similar role with similar type and size of organization
- Five years of experience in ﬁnancial management, in particular in the development, monitoring and reporting on the financial status of the organization and its various strategic and programmatic initiatives (financial management refers to more senior related accounting and controllership duties)
- Three years of experience in organizational administration and IT.
- Three years of experience managing staff members/ human resource
- Three to five years of experience working fora non-profit charitable organization
- Experience reporting to a Chief Executive Officer and board delegated committees
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their applications via email to : email@example.com with copy firstname.lastname@example.org or hand deliver your application, CV and credentials to the Secretariat addressed to the Chief Executive Officer indicating the position applied for on the envelope.. For further inquiries, please call +255(0)392513733 or send an email. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Deadline: 30th April 2021