314 Fresh Graduate URA Jobs – Officer Domestic Taxes – Uganda Revenue Authority
Organisation: Uganda Revenue Authority (URA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) was established by the Uganda Revenue Authority Statute of 1991 and set up in September of the same year as a central body for assessment and collection of specified revenue, to administer and enforce the laws relating to such revenue and to provide for related matters. This statute incorporated all the laws that were in force then regarding tax collection. The new organization (URA) amalgamated the three tax administration departments that were responsible for all the taxes collected by the Central Government of Uganda.
Job Summary: The Officer Domestic Taxes will offer tax administration services aimed at improving voluntary taxpayer compliance.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform roles as provided for in the departmental plan in order to provide a satisfactory client service and enhance voluntary compliance
- Discover and acquire new taxpayers
- Maintain the integrity of the taxpayer register
- Validate taxpayer declarations and monitor on-time tax payments or refunds
- Carry out tax field inspections and enforcement activities
- Provide client support to promote voluntary tax compliance including taxpayer education
- Prepare periodical reports as required under department guidelines
- Support business process and system improvements
- Review policy needs and generate policy proposals to enhance voluntary taxpayer compliance
Manage the improvement of voluntary compliance
- Monitor economic activity in the field to ensure persons eligible for registration are identified and immediately communicated to the Service Management team for further action.
- Monitor and evaluate initiatives from the compliance improvement plan that have been put in place to identify persons in the region that are eligible to register for tax but fail to do so.
- Monitor compliance behavior of taxpayers following the implementation of Digital Tracking Solutions (DTS) compliance improvement initiative and ensure that corrective actions are implemented.
- Evaluate the performance of registered taxpayers in line with the application of Digital Tax Stamps.
- Monitor compliance behavior of taxpayers following the implementation of EFD/e-invoicing compliance improvement initiative (EFRIS) and ensure that corrective actions are undertaken.
- Evaluate the performance of registered taxpayers in line with receipt/invoice issuance
Conduct compliance checks on taxpayer information from various sources in order to minimize revenue loss and enhance compliance
- Analyze trends in the a specific industry and develop a risk matrix and mitigation measures/recommendations for the attention of line Management.
- Compile and collate data for the line supervisor relating to Compliance Management.
- Identify risks regarding the compliance of the taxpayers considered under the deemed VAT provision and liaise with their respective tax stations to ensure enforcement.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) Officer Domestic Taxes job must hold an honors Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Business Analysis, Business Computing, Information Technology, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, Commerce or Business related discipline.
- The incumbent must have good Communication skills
- He/she should have good Customer Care skills
- He/she should be able to work well in teams
- He/she should have an impeccable record of integrity
- The incumbent should have good reporting skills
- He/she should have ability to teach communities with a variety of clients
- He/she should have good computer skills
- He/she should have research/investigative skills
- He/she should have a wide range of analytical skills with attention to detail
- He/she should have good Inter personal relationship skills
- Knowledge of Ugandan Tax Laws
- Knowledge and exposure to Domestic Taxes processes and systems such as e-Tax, EFRIS and DTS
- Training in Business Process Analysis.
- Training in any of the areas such as; Customer Care, Data Analysis, Audit, Fraud Examination or Project Management.
- Proficiency in Chinese, French, Swahili or Hindi.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join URA should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 15th May 2021