Data Jobs – Education Data Management Officer, Schools2030 – Aga Khan Foundation (AKF)
Organisation: Aga Khan Foundation (AKF)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The Aga Khan Foundation (AKF), alongside its sister AKDN agencies, has implemented innovative, community-driven solutions to development challenges for over 50 years. It brings together human, financial and technical resources to address some of the challenges faced by the poorest and most marginalised communities in the world. Special emphasis is placed on investing in human potential, expanding opportunity and improving the overall quality of life, especially for women and girls. It works primarily in six areas: Agriculture and Food Security; Economic Inclusion; Education; Early Childhood Development; Health and Nutrition; and Civil Society.
About Schools2030 Project:
AKF, in partnership with a global consortium of private foundations, is co-launching Schools2030, a 10-year (2020-2030) learning improvement programme. The ten-year initiative is a participatory action research and learning improvement programme in 1000 government schools across the ten countries. Using the principles of Human-Centred Design (HCD) and focusing on the key transition years of ages 5, 8 and 14, Schools2030 seeks to catalyze locally rooted education solutions that can inform systems-level approaches for improving holistic learning outcomes. In Uganda, AKF will partner with 100 school sites to drive classroom-level innovation to enable teacher-generated solutions to identify and inform ‘what works in education for Uganda.
Job Summary: AKF is seeking a dynamic, enthusiastic, and self-motivated individual to manage routine data collection and quality control and drive data utilization for Schools2030. Working under the direct supervision of the Schools2030 Coordinator, the Data Management Officer will be responsible for collecting, analyzing and managing data from the 100 sites, while keeping track of the schools’ HCD process and maintaining a database. The Education Data Management Officer will ensure that data is used by teams to improve programme implementation as well as supporting teachers and educational leaders to improve their understanding on the use of data to drive pedagogical and education system improvements. This role will demand the person to work within a dynamic, fast-paced environment and work closely with the broader AKF U Programme / Monitoring and Evaluation teams as well as the global Schools2030 team.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage real-time data collection, analysis, and feedback to multiple education stakeholders.
- Provide school-based support to enable teachers and school leaders to effectively use PROMISE3 to collect, analyze, and so use data to improve pedagogical practice and schools.
- Collaborate with the Learning and Assessment partners to track the programme activities and design processes in schools and maintain a database on the outputs for each phase of the process.
- Lead internal professional development of staff to enable PROMISE3 to be implemented across all AKF education programmes.
- Work closely with the AKF education team in making meaning of the data and findings coming through for programme iteration.
- Provide project information and feedback to communicate progress, challenges, learning, and upcoming priorities and workplans to the Schools2030 Coordinator and AKF education team.
- Propose, develop and/or adapt data maintenance software and resources for use.
- Ensure all project funds are fully accounted for and liquidation is done in a timely manner to enable timely reporting.
- Engage and coordinate key partners, including the County Statistics department, at County level on data needs to ensure effective collection and management of data.
- Ensure project learning is effectively communicated through the internal and external feedback loops and that key partners have access to and understand the learning.
- Effectively engage AKF teams on learning opportunities to develop professional and technical understanding of data in education and Human Centred Design.
- Maintain Schools2030 database on the selected 100 sites and model a data drivel culture to nature data driven decisions at school and Institutional.
- Any other duties as requested by the National Coordinator Schools2030.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold relevant undergraduate qualification including, Statistics, Economics, Social studies, Computer Science
- At least three years of experience of working in ICT enabled data management systems to drive organizational and system learning. Experience working in education programming and international development is an added advantage.
- Ability to design Result Measurement Frameworks, Data Collection Tools, Sampling Methods and Quantitative/Qualitative Data Analysis is required.
- Knowledge of online and offline, open-source data collection tools and approaches and or database environment and/or project management software.
- Relevant experience working in education programming and international development an added advantage.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure
How to Apply:
All interested candidates interested should submit a two-page cover letter and a maximum three-page CV including the names and contact information of three professional referees at the link below.
Deadline: 29th April 2021