Manager, Records Employment Opportunity – Stanbic Bank
Job Title: Manager, Records
Organization: Stanbic Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is a subsidiary of Stanbic Africa Holdings Limited which is in turn owned by Standard Bank Group Limited (“the Group”), Africa’s leading banking and financial services group. The Standard Bank Group is the leading banking group focused on emerging markets. It is the largest African banking group ranked by assets and earnings. Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is the largest bank in Uganda by assets and market capitalization. It offers a full range of banking services through two business units; Personal and Business Banking (PBB), and Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB).
Job Summary: The Manager, Records will mainly administer the Bank’s records management programme to ensure compliance with business and regulatory requirements
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, develop and implement records management policies, procedures and services intended to facilitate efficient and effective handling of business records.
- Develop and maintain records retention schedules and information classification plans; conduct periodic appraisal of records and reviews on records retention periods as necessary.
- Review (in liaison with stakeholders) current, new and proposed
- statutes and regulations as well as emerging trends that impact the Bank’s records management activities.
- Participate in evaluations, meetings and testing of proposed records and document management systems or software for the Bank to advise on requirements that are necessary to achieve appropriate functionality of the systems.
- Oversee the implementation of paper and electronic records management systems.
- Identify recordkeeping requirements and provide records management advice and guidance to meet peculiar departmental needs.
- Manage the staff structure for records management operations; develop workable and practical goals, monitor team and individual performance.
- Plan and implement appropriate training for records management staff.
- Conduct periodic evaluation of the Bank’s records management programme to ensure that it meets business and regulatory requirements.
- Develop and monitor budget and expenses for the records management unit.
- Ensures effective, efficient and optimal utilisation of all resources (human and capital) to be responsive to client needs and business strategies.
- Coordinate and direct, through line managers, activities of departments that involve compliance with the records management program.
- Commitment to professional and personal development
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Stanbic Bank Manager, Records must hold a Bachelor’s Degree. Specialist Knowledge in Library & Information Science, Records Management, Archives Management or Information Management. Post Graduate Qualification in any of the areas above will be an added advantage.
- Proven experience in the development and implementation of records management programmes, particularly the development of policy, procedures, file plans, records retention schedules and electronic systems for records management.
- Experience in the operations of computerised / electronic records management systems.
- Demonstrated research and organisational skills.
- Proven ability to multi-task and handle high volumes of work in an efficient and effective manner
- Knowledge of records and / or archives management principles and practices.
- Working knowledge of records management regulatory environment.
- Working knowledge of electronic records and document management systems, including data capture and transaction entry abilities.
- Good knowledge of administrative processes and procedures.
How to Apply:
All candidates are strongly encouraged to apply online at the link below.