2 Fresher Data Entry Clerk NGO Job Opportunities – The AIDS Support Organization (TASO Uganda)
Organisation: The AIDS Support Organization (TASO Uganda)
Duty Station: Uganda
The AIDS Support Organization (TASO Uganda) was founded to contribute to a process of preventing HIV infection, restoring hope and improving the quality of life of persons, families and communities affected by HIV infection and disease. TASO is implementing a five (5) year project (2017-2022), funded by the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), to support The Government of Uganda accelerate epidemic control in Soroti and Karamoja Region. The goal of the project is to Achieve Epidemic Control through attainment of the 95-95-95 UNAIDS targets by 2020 and strengthening health systems in Soroti and Karamoja Region. .
Job Summary: The Data Entry Clerk will ensure timely and correct entry of all data including routine program data (SMC, OVC, and Prevention & HTC) into databases. The Data Entry Clerk will carry out other duties relating to hard copy data archiving, alert teams on report submission guidelines and completeness and work closely with the Assistant M&E Officer to ensure effective and efficient data entry into electronic data management systems.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Verify completeness and accuracy of data forms brought for entry
- Carry out prompt and accurate data entry of all project data- PWP, LTFU, OVC, x`SMC, Care and treatment data from static and outreach sites into the TASO electronic data bases
- Conduct data cleaning to ensure that quality data is produced
- Run routine reports as may be required by the project team
- In close liaison with the Assistant M&E Officer, routinely backup data entered into the electronic data bases.
- Support completeness of Mol reporting by identifying gaps and addressing facility based reporting challenges as they occur.
- Ensure functionality of electronic data management systems
- Perform data quality assessment before entry into the system
- Maintain data entry requirements and standards by following data program SOPs.
- Ensure proper filing and storage of office data both manually and electronically
- Report database malfunctioning to the Assistant M&E Officer
- Participate in the retrieval of information from the system as and when required.
- Perform all hard copy data filling and storage.
- Ensure confidentiality of the program data at all times.
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Project data entered into TASO electronic databases in time
- Routine data cleaning carried out
- Completeness and accuracy of data verified
- Quality assurance in data management ensured
- Proper filing and storage of office data maintained
- Confidentiality of project information ensured
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Diploma in Statistics, Quantitative Economics, Computer Science, population studies OR Information technology. A bachelor’s degree in any of the above fields will be an added advantage.
- One year of experience in HIBRID and HMIS data entry. Experience in a health setting with knowledge of managing PMTCT, HIV Care & Treatment and HCT data is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of statistical applications will be an added advantage
- Ethical issues in data management
- Rights of people living with HIV/AIDS
- OVC Management
- Computer knowledge in database management, spreadsheet, email, etc.
- Skills in report writing
- Familiar with public health facilities and willing in serve in such settings.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Good records management skills
- Other Qualities Attributes: Accuracy, Integrity, Confidentiality, Team player and Ability to work under mental and physical stress and Empathy.
How to Apply:
Only qualified and eligible candidates who meet all the above requirements are invited to submit their resume, copies of certified academic certificates, testimonials and three referees including: their telephone and email contacts. All interested candidates MUST fully fill the TASO Job Application Form which can be down loaded from the TASO Website at or TASO Offices in Soroti, and hand deliver applications with the relevant credentials to:
The Center Program Manager,
TASO Soroti Center of Excellence located inside the Soroti Hospital Complex:
Deadline: 7th May 2021 at 12:00pm