Fresher UN Jobs – Finance and Administration Assistant – United Nations Volunteers (UNV)
Organization: United Nations Volunteers (UNV)
Host Organization: Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Human Rights Officer
The United Nations Volunteers (UNV) programme contributes to peace and development through volunteerism worldwide. We work with partners to integrate qualified, highly motivated and well supported UN Volunteers into development programming and promote the value and global recognition of volunteerism. UNV is administered by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and reports to the UNDP/UNFPA/UNOPS Executive Board.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: Under the overall supervision of the Head of Office and the direct supervision of the Human Rights Officer in charge of Kampala Human Rights Monitoring team, the NUNV will undertake the following tasks:
Supports in Human Resources Management:
- Assist to maintain archives of all administrative contracts and financial transactions (hard and electronic copies) and updates filing systems as required.
- Assists Human resources section as necessary on request.
Supports the Budget and Finance functions:
- Assists and supports in the receipt of all accountabilities, send out reminders to concerned staff & ensure correctness and completeness.
- Assist in travel logistics and arrangements as requested.
- Assist and support in any other request on finance related assignments
- Supports in the Procurement Functions
- Assist to update vendor profiles and covers all support aspects of Local Purchase Order processing (RFQ, collection of supporting documentation, analyse quotations for approval).
Assist in procuring office supplies, computers, printers and other equipment.
- Ensures that serial numbers are recorded for Asset Management purposes.
- Assist to follow up on delivery of ordered items.
- Assist to collect all receipts of purchases and ensures that payments are done on time.
- Assist and support in any other procurement related assignments
Supports General Administration
- Assist in supporting the preparation for conferences and workshops.
- Support the team in organizing travel requests for participants, making travel related payments and responding to any other necessary activities.
- Assist and support in any other request on Administration related assignments
Supports Inventory management
- Assist to with the help of office assistant to carry out a periodic inventory record of all Office Assets.
- Assist and support the logistic team with vehicle maintenance functions.
- Performs other related tasks, as required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the UN Volunteers Finance and Administration Assistant job must hold a Bachelor’s degree in law, political science, international relations, conflict and development studies, peace and security, human rights, Business Administration or related field.
- Progressive responsible experience in related financial/administrative functions.
- Experience in the use of computers and office software packages (MS Office, especially Excel, Word, Excel, Power Point, etc). financial management and general administration services is an asset
- Area of expertise: Human rights
- Candidate age: between 18 and 29 throughout the entire duration of their assignment. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
- Language skills: English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- Knowledge of human rights issues and ability to identify related problems in their political, ethnic, racial, gender equality and socio-economic dimensions.
- Knowledge of institutional mandates of human rights organizations, prevailing policies and procedures.
- Research and analytical skills, including ability to identify and participate in the resolution of human rights issues.
- Ability to identify sources for data collection, analyze information and draft human rights reports.
- Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
- Planning and organization: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
- Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
Competencies values: Planning and Organizing, Technological Awareness, Working in Teams
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join the United Nations Volunteers UNV in this capacity should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 13th May 2021