Supervisor Facilities Management Job Placement – Uganda Revenue Authority (URA)
Job Title: Supervisor Facilities Management
Organisation: Uganda Revenue Authority (URA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) was established by the Uganda Revenue Authority Statute of 1991 and set up in September of the same year as a central body for assessment and collection of specified revenue, to administer and enforce the laws relating to such revenue and to provide for related matters. This statute incorporated all the laws that were in force then regarding tax collection. The new organization (URA) amalgamated the three tax administration departments that were responsible for all the taxes collected by the Central Government of Uganda.
Job Summary: The Supervisor Facilities Management will ensure effective functioning of facilities and provision of an efficient and safe working environment for URA employees.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Manage and maintain URA facilities to ensure a conducive and safe working environment.
- Develop, implement and monitor facility management programs.
- Develop terms of references, bills of quantities, and specifications for works, services and supplies related to facilities management.
- Prepare annual budgets and quarterly review them for effectiveness.
- Plan and manage facility central services such as utilities, cleaning, waste disposal and parking
- Oversee facility development, refurbishment, renovations and maintenance and repair of facilities and equipment
- Plan and implement best practice processes to increase efficiency
- Effectively manage contracts related to facilities management.
- Manage contractor and vendor relationships
- Respond and follow up on user queries, complaints and incidents
- Track and provide feedback on raised incidents
Monitor and Evaluate, maintenance and utilization of all URA facilities to optimize resource utilization
- Optimize resource utilization by developing and implementing cost reduction initiatives and monitor efficiency.
- Provide quarterly maintenance reports on all URA facilities generator performance and utility consumption
- Monitor operations of various utility service providers to ensure compliance with the agreed service level standards
- Track and monitor timely resolution of issues at all URA Facilities
Plan and monitor the implementation of unit plans to ensure all activities implemented are within the provisions of the budget
- Develop annual Facilities budget and procurement plan for the organization and submit to the manager for approval
- Review records and establish market prices for items needed for a particular period of time and share with relevant stakeholders.
- Prepare and implement a unit work plan in line with approved budget
Plan and manage the performance and development of staff under supervision so as to improve their productivity
- Develop performance agreements with all staff under supervision
- Monitor staff performance and provide guidance and periodic feedback for performance improvement
- Assess the training and development needs of staff under supervision and recommend appropriate interventions
- Provide coaching and mentoring support to staff under supervision
- Initiate and implement activities/programs intended to create and harness teamwork in the facilities management unit
- Enforce client centric service delivery among the users of facilities.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) Supervisor Facilities Management job opportunity must hold an honors Bachelor’s degree in engineering, Facilities Management, or related qualification.
- At least four years of experience in facilities management
- Knowledge of building codes
- Sound knowledge of health, safety and environmental regulations.
- Knowledge of procurement laws and regulations
- Knowledge in CAD
- Understanding of construction projects
- Ability to develop, communicate the vision, motivate and influence a team of professionals towards the realization of a team’s mandate
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Pays attention to details
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to work with and develop teams.
- Stakeholder management building skills
- Experience in Project management, business management or construction management.
- A registered/licensed member of engineering professional body
- Experience in management of multi-level buildings.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join URA should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 15th May 2021