2 Fresh Graduate Jobs – Officer Automatic Exchange of Information – Uganda Revenue Authority (URA)
Organisation: Uganda Revenue Authority (URA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) was established by the Uganda Revenue Authority Statute of 1991 and set up in September of the same year as a central body for assessment and collection of specified revenue, to administer and enforce the laws relating to such revenue and to provide for related matters. This statute incorporated all the laws that were in force then regarding tax collection. The new organization (URA) amalgamated the three tax administration departments that were responsible for all the taxes collected by the Central Government of Uganda.
Job Summary: The Officer Automatic Exchange of Information will implement the Competent Authority role towards the generation of Intelligence and information from Uganda’s Exchange of Information frameworks
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Generate all outgoing requests and process Information to Uganda’s Treaty Partners.
- Research about information to be established for completeness and foreseeable relevance in line with the EOI manual
- Organize information requests in line with the different standards
- Prepare and submit process of ongoing requests and forward to the supervisor for review
- Ensure acknowledgment of receipt of information, periodic reminders and follow up with Competent Authority offices in various jurisdictions.
Execute all assigned activities geared towards enhancing Uganda’s Strategic Partnerships to improve URA partner relations.
- Carry out research on Peer Reviews and emerging trends in Exchange of Information.
- Participate in inter-agency collaborations in mutual Evaluation Reports.
- Keep a database for new developments that are relevant to Uganda’s legislative and policy environments.
Generate Tax Residence Certificates
- Prepare and submit draft Tax Residence Certificates.
- Analyse all relevant information on the issuance of Tax Residence Certificates
- Carry out the verification of the applicant’s compliance status with the relevant Compliance offices
Attend to all incoming requests for Information and Intelligence from treaty partners to improve relations with URA partners
- Receive all incoming requests for Information and Intelligence from treaty partners.
- Study all requests and ensure that appropriate responses are provided within the standard timeline.
- Research about all incoming requests to ensure that foreseeable relevance and related criteria is also met
- Prepare reports and submit the responses to the supervisor for review.
Participate in assigned internal and external stakeholder Exchange of Information engagements
- Prepare presentations that are to be used in the Exchange of Information engagements.
- Process Memos associated with all stakeholder engagements.
- Draft reports from the different stakeholder engagements.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) Officer Automatic Exchange of Information job opportunity must hold an honor’s bachelor’s degree in either: Law, Economics, International Policy and Relations, Business Administration, Finance and related disciplines from a recognized Institution
- Knowledge of the Tax laws, Non-Double Taxation Agreements, Mutual Administrative Assistance Convention and related Multi-lateral Instruments
- The incumbent should have an impeccable record of integrity and confidentiality
- The incumbent should have excellent interpersonal relations and communication skills
- Should have excellent Data Analysis and problem-solving skills
- Should be highly adaptable and versatile
- Should have excellent negotiation and networking capabilities
- The ideal person should be assertive and emotionally intelligent
- The ideal person should express resilience and commitment to work
- Ability to prepare reports and convincing presentations
- Training in Exchange of Information Principles
- Training in Intelligence
- Training in International Taxation
- Experience in handling legal and policy matters.
- Experience in handling cross border tax and customs matters.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join URA should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 15th May 2021