No Experience Officer Network Installations and Maintenance Job Vacancies – Uganda Revenue Authority (URA)
Organisation: Uganda Revenue Authority (URA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) was established by the Uganda Revenue Authority Statute of 1991 and set up in September of the same year as a central body for assessment and collection of specified revenue, to administer and enforce the laws relating to such revenue and to provide for related matters. This statute incorporated all the laws that were in force then regarding tax collection. The new organization (URA) amalgamated the three tax administration departments that were responsible for all the taxes collected by the Central Government of Uganda.
Job Summary: The Officer Network Installations and Maintenance will mainly install, maintain and monitor Computer Network services in line with defined Service Level Agreements and IT Policies
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Install and configure Network Infrastructure
- Carry out network surveys and draft network plans for both existing and proposed URA offices
- Supervise LAN installations, configuration, testing and documentation.
- Installing, configuring and supporting network equipment including routers, proxy servers, switches
- Develop BOQs for required LAN installations
- Backup of network device configuration
Troubleshoot and resolve LAN issues
- Receive, analyze and resolve escalated calls from the IT Service Desk
- Submit weekly reports of work to the supervisor
- Monitor the utilization & performance of Networks and undertake necessary improvements
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) Officer Network Installations and Maintenance job opportunity must hold an honor’s bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, computer science or Computer engineering.
- Knowledge of Service Level Agreements
- Knowledge of IT good practice frameworks (COBIT, ITIL )
- Knowledge of Common Network Troubleshooting tools
- Knowledge of Common Network Protocols
- Knowledge of Server Client Architecture
- Knowledge of the IOS Model and TCP/IP
- Ability to carry about installation and configuration of computer networks
- Knowledge of firewalls, intrusion detection and associated network security systems
- Knowledge of Network Optimization techniques
- Ability to work under stressful environments and for long hours
- Person of high integrity
- Good interpersonal relationships and client centrism behavior.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision and willingness to undertake any responsibility and adherence to dead lines
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Agile, punctual and disciplined.
- Professional Certification (Cisco, A+ and N+, Diploma in electronics)
- Experience with LAN design & installation
- Experience with troubleshooting common LAN issues
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join URA should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 15th May 2021