Several Driver NGO Job Opportunities – Enabel
Duty Station: Kampala, Fortportal, Arua, Uganda
Salary: UGX 1,400,000 / = 1,700,000 /=
Enabel is the Belgian development agency. It implements and coordinates Belgium’s international development policy and primarily works for the Belgian State. The agency also implements actions for other national and international donors. With its partners in Belgium and abroad Enabel offers solutions addressing pressing global challenges: Climate Change, Urbanisation, Human Mobility, Peace and Security, Economic and Social Inequality, and Global Citizenship. With 1,500 staff, Enabel manages about 150 projects in twenty countries, in Belgium, Africa and the Middle East.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive persons and/or equipment for all Enabel projects at the duty stations and on missions outside duty station;
- Deliver and pick up mail/correspondence for the project and perform other administrative and logistical tasks as requested;
- Keep the official vehicle papers and logbook up to date;
- Drive the assigned vehicle in accordance with Ugandan regulation and with respect for the safety of vehicle users and the public in general;
- Keep the vehicle in a good and clean condition and well maintained;
- Report immediately to the Procurement and Logistics officers any damage caused to the vehicle by any means;
- Ensure that the vehicle is not used for unauthorized purposes;
- Vehicle maintenance records and ensure report immediately to the project administrator any required repairs or maintenance;
- Ensure that all licenses, taxes and insurances are paid and up to date prior to entering the vehicle;
- Drive safely and ensure safety of your passengers at all times;
- In collaboration with the Procurement and Logistics Officers, control the quality, time and cost of all supplies of the project.
- Perform any tasks as requested by the management
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold an “O” level Certificate with a valid driving permit of minimum ‘B’ Class Minimum 5 years of experience as driver for a reputable organisation
- At least 5 years work experience is handling Logistical duties in a busy environment.
- Good Time keeping practices;
- Fluent in spoken and written English;
- Certificate of defensive driving, first aid courses and/or basic mechanics are an asset;
- Experience in handling logistics work is an advantage;
- Trouble shoot and detect anomalies with the car;
- Be honest, trustworthy and reliable.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
Salary Package: Enabel will offer a Gross salary package of between UGX 1.4-1.7 Million, Medical Insurance and a 13th Month package paid in December. Salary is accordance to relevant work experience.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should submit their hard copy applications including a cover letter, curriculum vitae (CV) of 4 pages’ maximum and copies of relevant academic documents with names of at least 3 professional referees; their emails and telephone contacts to:
The Human Resource Officer;
Enabel in Uganda
Plot 1B Lower Kololo Terrace
P.O. Box 40131, Kampala.
On-line applications to be submitted to: Click Here
Deadline: Friday 14th May,2021 by 5:00pm
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted and invited for a written test. Please specify preferred duty location in your application. Also attach a copy of your valid driving permit.