WASH Project Assistant Job Opportunities – Lutheran World Federation (LWF) Uganda Program
Job Title: WASH Project Assistants
Organisation: Lutheran World Federation (LWF) Uganda Program
Duty Station: Uganda
The Lutheran World Federation (LWF) Uganda Program is part of the Lutheran World Federation Department for World Service (LWF/DWS), an international humanitarian and development agency.
LWF Uganda works to reduce people’s vulnerability supports them to realize their potential, build on their assets and respond to their own problems and needs.
Following the influx of the South Sudanese refugees into the West Nile districts of Adjumani, Arua, Koboko, and Yumbe due to the ongoing civil conflict, LWF started an emergency response operation in Palorinya formerly part of Moyo District, responding to the needs of the needs of the refugees in the areas of water sanitation and hygiene (WASH), general protection, Child protection, SGBV prevention and response, community Services and Environment and Energy.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Mobilizes and sensitize communities and institutions on best hygiene and sanitation practices.
- Conduct water quality monitoring/ surveillance and participate in communicable and non-communicable diseases surveillance.
- Participate in WASH sector coordination with other stakeholders during project implementation and conduct periodic assessments/survey on WASH activities
- Effective supervision of community-based facilitators (hygiene promoters) on ground and support water user committees in developing operation and maintenance strategies of WASH facilities.
- Conduct hygiene campaigns in the community and institutions and assist POs to manage and distribute WASH materials related to assigned project activities.
- Organise and conduct community dialogue and sensitization meetings on WASH related issues and periodically prepare/document and submit activity reports/ success stories to the project officer.
- Together with project officer, project assistant to develops weekly activity work plans and prepares activity work plan with the community-based facilitator.
- Build capacity of community-based facilitator for effective implementation of project activities.
- Assist the PO in developing proposal/project work plan and budget estimation.
- Build capacity of community-based facilitator (hygiene promoters) for effective implementation of project activities.
- Conduct routine monitoring and supervision of community-based facilitators (hygiene promoters) field activities.
- Setting targets for the community-based facilitators (hygiene promoters) and conduct periodic appraisal.
- Conduct technical trainings for the community-based facilitators necessary for the delivery of quality WASH activities.
- Conduct periodic assessments/survey on WASH activities and participate in developing M&E Tools and ensure effective deployment and use of those tools.
- Perform any duties assigned by the immediate Supervisor/ designate.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a Diploma in public health, Social Work, environmental health science, Social Sciences, Development studies
- Post Graduate training in Project Planning and Management sound knowledge of Financial Management is an added advantage
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in Project Management/Community Development programming
- Proven knowledge and experience in developing and implementing community mobilization projects
- Computer proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Good verbal and communication skills
- Have good management, leadership, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Be a committed team player with high standards of integrity and honesty;
- Be able to coach and develop subordinates
- Have full drive, initiative, and self-motivation will to work long hours in challenging circumstances when required
- Be able to organize and work under minimum supervision.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates should apply online at the link below.
Application and motivational letter and detailed CV must include email address and telephone contacts of three (3) referees, one of whom must be your supervisor in your current/former employment
Deadline: 31st May 2021 by 4:00Pm