Finance Officer NGO Jobs – Hunger Fighters Uganda (HFU)
Job Title: Finance Officer
Organisation: Hunger Fighters Uganda (HFU)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Head of Finance & Administration
Hunger Fighters Uganda (HFU) is a Not-for-Profit, Non-Governmental Organization initiated in 2008, pursuing a vision of ‘A hunger and Malnutrition free Uganda. The organisation is engaged in the activities of fighting hunger in Uganda with a local, national and global perspective.
About UN-WFP Project:
Hunger Fighters Uganda, is UN-WFP Cooperating Partner for General Food Assistance in Nakivale/Oruchinga and Kyangwali Refugee settlements.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the maintenance, reporting and management of the organization’s finances within the field office.
- Participate in developing a reliable and appropriate accounting system for the organization.
- Calculating and checking to make sure payments, amounts and monthly financial transaction records are correct or accurate.
- Managing field office petty cash transactions and ensure that all financial documents are properly filed.
- Ensure that Monthly bank reconciliation for Field-office organization account is in place and accurate.
- Participate in the preparation of Audit and Financial Reports, and budgets.
- Actively participate in preparation of statutory accounts and ensuring that the organization is compliant with statutory requirements.
- Make such proposals to management on such aspects relevant in ensuring prudent management of organization resources.
- Support the Finance and Administration Department in the implementation of the BOARD and Auditors recommendations.
- Other duties as they may be assigned from time to time by the Head of Finance and Administration.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance & accounting, economic & statistics, Business Administration or any other related accounting field. CPA- level-3/ACCA level-2 will be of an added advantage.
- At least three years of relevant experience with reputable NGO organizations.
- Knowledge of and experience with a range of financial reporting, monitoring and budgeting including knowledge in the use of financial systems such as Quick books.
- Demonstrated commitment to program sustainability and building central and local capacity by providing technical assistance, training and supervision to other staff.
Desirable personal skills
- Strong financial analytical skills with keen attention to details.
- Team player with the ability to work under pressure.
- Have great, adaptive communication skills to be able to inspire and bring people together.
- Be flexible and creative in finding solutions.
- Have strategic thinking and planning skills.
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their applications addressed to:
The Head of Human Resource,
Hunger Fighters Uganda,
P.O Box, 28175, Kampala. Uganda
Hand deliver or send online to Hunger Fighters Uganda Head Office located at Nansana, Hoima Road, about 200metres Off the Kampala Northern bypass, Next to Africa Oil Station.
E-mail to: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 19th May 2021 at 17:00Hrs.
Note: HFU offers equal opportunities to both women and men. Any canvassing for the above position will lead to automatic cancellation of your application. Recruitment is on merit and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.