Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Candidates with no United Nations or UNOPS experience are strongly encouraged to apply.
Summary of key responsibilities:
- Team Management
Under the overall supervision of the UNOPS Senior Programme Manager or designated individual, the incumbent will work directly under the supervision of the UN C4ISR Academy Programme Management officer and will be responsible for:
Leading the execution of the Peace Operations uniformed personnel C4ISR & Camp security technology training programme, including the development of workflows, procedures and documentation, identification of resource requirements (e.g. instructors or equipment), risk assessments and mitigation measures;
Developing, delivering and maintaining the Peace Operations uniformed personnel C4ISR & Camp security technology training course catalogue and course curricula to meet identified needs;
Delivering and facilitating C4ISR and Camp security training modules, lessons and courses, classroom-based or through distance learning as appropriate, to the targeted military, police and civilian training audience;
Identifying and analysing training requirements for Peace Operations C4ISR and Camp security technology specialists and T/PCCs;
Evaluating impact of C4ISR and Camp security technology training and recommends ways to enhance its effectiveness;
Engaging in working with military and police contingents to gain commitment to deploy trained personnel for Peace Operation positions that conform with the training undertaken;
Facilitating collaboration between United Nations C4ISR Academy, the Peacekeeping Field Technology Sections and the Peace Operations uniformed personnel (military and police) community and technical partners at the operational level;
Providing support to the UN C4ISR Academy Programme Management officer in any aspects of the training programme.
3. Team Management:
- Supervising the UN C4ISR Academy Entebbe cluster personnel in any aspects of the training programme.
Performs other duties as may be reasonably required and in line with the incumbent’s scope of services above.
You may find more information on https://jobs.unops.org/Pages/ViewVacancy/VADetails.aspx?id=21693
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) preferably in information technology, computer science, teaching and education or in a field related to the post description is required.
- A first level university degree with a combination of relevant academic qualifications and experience in military C4ISR [Command, Control, Communications, Computers (C4), Intelligence – Surveillance – Reconnaissance (ISR)] and Camp security technology, education and training may be accepted in lieu of advanced university degree.
- National Command and Staff College degrees obtained from recognized institutions may be considered in lieu of first level degree. National War/Defense College degrees from recognized institutions may be considered in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of military experience in C4ISR [Command, Control, Communications, Computers (C4), Intelligence – Surveillance – Reconnaissance (ISR)] or Camp security technical fields.
- Within these 7 years, a minimum of five (5) years of experience in technology training course and curriculum development, training assessments and validation, training innovative solutions.
- Within these 7 years, a minimum of three (3) years of progressively responsible experience in project management or project coordination.
Desirable (The following experience is optional. Candidates who do not have it are welcome to apply):
Experience in dealing with military technology training delivery as an instructor is highly desirable.
- Experience in multinational working environment
- Experience in serving in a United Nations peacekeeping or multinational or national military operation.
- Experience in training peacekeepers or deployed military personnel.
- Experience in dealing with metrics/KPI/service level targets.
- Should possess excellent communications skills.
- For this assignment fluency in both English and French (write, read, speak) is required considering the requirement to deliver the whole technology course programme in both English and French language.
- Knowledge of another UN official language is an advantage.