Knowledge Management and Communication Specialist US Non-profit Jobs – FHI 360
Organisation: FHI 360
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research, technology, communication and social marketing — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Closely work with the rest of the project team to identify, document, and disseminate project activities, achievements, successes, and lessons learned, utilizing a variety of communication channels
- Work with project team (research, M&E, learning and program), government counterparts and other implementing partners as well as project beneficiaries to identify, document and disseminate best practices, success stories, and lessons learned.
- Provide technical writing and editorial support to major project deliverables.
- Provide desktop publication support to project deliverables and dissemination products.
- On an ongoing basis, work with project teams to identify areas for documentation, collect information through interviews and on-theground research and observation, and determine appropriate mediums for documentation and dissemination
- Ensure that project print, equipment and online materials are consistent with donor branding guidelines
- Manage content on the project webpage: develop and review the content, assist in the identification of relevant topic areas, and collect and disseminate best practices through the website
- Monitor relevant media coverage, take photos and videos, and maintain a photo and video library and ensure photo/video release back-up documentation
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the FHI 360 Procurement Assistant job must hold a basic degree qualification in communication or related field; a master’s degree in public health or other relevant field will be of added advantage
- A minimum of three years of experience working with international development projects, preferably in the health sector.
- Experience working with USAIDfunded projects is of added advantage
- Demonstrated experience in writing and disseminating a variety of public health work products, knowledge management, including the ability to identify and document project activities and achievements, best practices, and success stories
- Demonstrated ability to communicate information to stakeholders at all levels using a variety of communications methods
- Demonstrated ability to work with teams to produce written products and media, adhering to deadlines, and short turn-around times.
- Excellent English language writing and editing skills required
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, and organizational skills
How to Apply:
All interested candidates are encouraged to apply to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 14th May 2021