Communications & Marketing Manager Employment Opportunity – UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI)
Job Title: Communications & Marketing Manager
Organization: UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reference: HR/STAFF/VAC – 18/5/2021/1
UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI) is a registered financial institution in Uganda and is adherent to the Central Bank’s regulations and guidelines and was founded in 1994 to provide quality microfinance services.
Job Summary: The Communications & Marketing Manager will be responsible for the development, review and implementation of UGAFODE (MDI) Marketing, Communication and Customer service strategies to enhance product, service and visibility awareness by leading the initiative of building institutional identity (public image and brand) and culture of service excellence through embedding UGAFODE values as well as ensuring consistency with UGAFODE’s external communications.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drafting and developing of all content for internal and external communication including print, video, publications, website maintenance and social media activities in order to effectively convey key messages to different stakeholders and support the achievement of UGAFODE (MDI) strategic objectives.
- Build and maintain relationships with journalists, bloggers, investors, Agencies and customer audiences that will help advance UGAFODE (MDI) operations.
- Propose new market-led and tech driven products, refine existing products and pursue an aggressive marketing strategy that will enhance products uptake.
- Ensure that marketing content aligns with our brand’s identity and message.
- Engage into strategic business partnerships (local & international) that are of key interest to UGAFODE.
- Implement relevant brand materials to support marketing activities to enhance brand visibility for UGAFODE (MDI).
- Undertake Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) initiatives to create impact in communities and derive PR mileage.
- Implement uniform branding at all branches to improve UGAFODE’s corporate appeal and image as well as its product visibility.
- Embed customer service standards by providing the lead in championing for good customer service practices at UGAFODE through enhancing a culture of professionalism by reviewing daily customer issues and ensuring timely resolution or escalation within UGAFODE set standards.
- Leads in the review/development of UGAFODE customer service standards by checking the safety, ambience, cleanliness, accessibility and timeliness; of the banking halls and all customer facing staff. Supervises call centre staff to adhere to professional telephone etiquette that enhances UGAFODE professional reputation.
- Enhance customer engagement such as their involvement in satisfaction surveys, consultative workshops etc.
- Enhance product awareness and knowledge across the institution through staff engagement sessions and quizzes so as to drive a cross selling culture in the institution.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the UGAFODE Microfinance Limited (MDI) Communications & Marketing Manager job placement must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Communications/Journalism/Public Relations.
- Professional certification / qualification in Marketing.
- At least four years of experience in Communications Strategy Development/Customer Relations and Marketing.
- Knowledge of digital marketing tactics such as SEO and e-marketing.
- In-depth knowledge of banking and Microfinance operations.
- Proficiency with software applications including MS Office, familiarity with html, web-editing, web design, WordPress;
- Graphic design skills (Photoshop, Publisher and/or InDesign) for in house graphic production are desirable
How to Apply:
If you believe you meet the requirements as stated, submit an application letter together with an up-to-date CV to our email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the job title you are applying for in the Email Subject Line. Your applications should be addressed to the Head of Human Resources
Deadline: 31st May 2021