Organization: Absa Group Limited (formerly Barclays Bank UK)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Absa Group Limited (formerly Barclays Bank UK) is a diversified standalone African financial services group, delivering an integrated set of products and services across personal and business banking, corporate and investment banking, wealth, investment management and insurance. Absa Group Limited is listed on the JSE and is one of Africa’s largest diversified financial services groups with a presence in 12 countries across the continent and around 41 000 employees.
We own majority stakes in banks in Botswana, Ghana, Kenya, Mauritius, Mozambique, the Seychelles, South Africa, Tanzania (Barclays Bank in Tanzania and National Bank of Commerce), Uganda and Zambia. We also have representative offices in Namibia and Nigeria, as well as insurance operations in Botswana, Kenya, Mozambique, South Africa, Tanzania and Zambia.
Job Summary: The Contact Centre Apprentice will actively participate in an apprenticeship programme in order to maximise individual and organisational development, through the execution of predefined apprenticeship objectives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- To provide excellent service to all customers through provision of product information, real time resolution of customer queries, complaints, handling and identification of customer needs through leads generation;
- Support with Inbound Calling: Own the resolution of customer queries by responding to their requests at the first instance using all the bank’s systems available.
Support on Outbound Calling:
- Based on a database provided, and a formalized script, call Customers as requested so as to support the business in achieving its goals;
- Collate customer responses to all questions pertaining to out-bound calling, log to BOC/ complete the Excel sheet and submit to the Contact Centre Team leader/MI team as per laid down procedures.
- Support in managing customer complaints: Ensure that all the details pertaining to customer complaint is obtained from the customer, log all required details into the bank’s complaint management system (BOC) and follow up for resolution of all complaints that can be resolved at First Point of contact.
- Support in identification of Sales Leads: When receiving calls from customers or potential customers requesting information on the bank’s products identify the product requirement and the branch a customer would choose to deal with. Arrange for the in-branch Customer Advisor to contact the customer and follow-up whether this has been done at the agreed time.
- Email Queries/Digital Requests/ Others: Any other duties assigned by the Team Leader/Centre Manager; Action digital requests i.e. BIR, Hello money within SLA.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the ABSA Group Contact Centre Apprentice job should hold relevant qualifications
- Higher Certificates and Advanced National (Vocational) Certificates: Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join ABSA Group in the aforementioned capacity should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 4th June 2021