East African Community (EAC) Job Vacancies – Information Technology Officer
Job Title: Information Technology Officer
Organisation: East African Community (EAC)
Organ: Lake Victoria Basin Commission (LVBC).
Duty Station: Kisumu, Kenya
NB: This Position is open to Ugandan Nationals
The East African Community is a regional intergovernmental organization comprising the Republic of Burundi, the Republic of Kenya, the Republic of Rwanda, the United Republic of Tanzania, and the Republic of Uganda with its Headquarters in Arusha, Tanzania.
Job Summary: The Information Technology Officer will mainly facilitate maintenance and management of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Systems of the Commission.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, direct and manage Information Technology Systems for the Commission;
- Co-ordinate implementation and training of Staff on the ICT;
- Oversee the updates of the Commission’s ICT systems and its security;
- Facilitate and manage the process of development, improvement and administration of LVBC website and the LVB Resource Center;
- Develop appropriate training programmes, database security, back-ups, disaster recovery procedures and database standards;
- Schedule installation of new hardware and software to minimize impact;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by Management.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelors’ degree in Information Technology Systems, Computer Science, Systems/Computer Engineering or equivalent;
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience in the field of ICT.
- Note: Post graduate Diploma in ICT plus a certification in any of the related field will be an added advantage.
- Communication, troubleshooting, analytical, networking, and report writing skills;
- Excellent computer analytical skills;
- Good communication and report writing skills; ability handle basic IT trouble-shooting activities.
Eligibility for applications: Applicants from all EAC Partner States are eligible to apply for the above position.
How to Apply:
All interested candidates who meet the qualification and experience requirements for the above mentioned position are advised to :
- Fill in the application form attached (Download Here);
- Attach their application letter, a detailed CV, Copies of certified academic certificates, and a copy of National Identity Card or Passport in PDF format scanned in one (1) file.
- Please quote the respective reference number on both the application letter and envelope.
- For electronic submission, please quote the respective reference number on the subject of the email and send to the address given below;
The Secretary General
East African Community
P.O. Box 1096
Arusha – Tanzania.
Tel: +255 27 2162100
Fax: +255 27 2162190
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You may submit your application either electronically or in hard copy but not both.
- Only qualified candidates will be contacted
- EAC Staff Rules and Regulations preclude considerations of applicants above 55 years of age.
- Please note that EAC does not require candidates to pay money for the recruitment process. All invitations for interviews will be done in writing.
Deadline: 11th June 2021