Fresher A’ Level Office Attendant Job Opportunities – Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU)
Job Title: Office Attendant (Fresher A’ Level Jobs)
Organisation: Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU) is a statutory body established under Section 9 of the Petroleum (Exploration, Development and Production) Act 2013, and in line with the National Oil and Gas Policy for Uganda which was approved in 2008. The mandate of the Petroleum Authority of Uganda is to monitor and regulate the exploration, development, and production, together with the refining, gas conversion, transportation, and storage of petroleum in Uganda. This includes ensuring that petroleum operations in Uganda are carried out in accordance with the relevant laws, regulations, guidelines, statutes and in line with international best practices for the petroleum industry.
Job Summary: The Office Attendant is responsible for maintaining the general cleanliness of offices at the Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU) and assists the personal secretary in the daily running and maintenance of offices at PAU. He / She reports to the Personal Secretary.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains a clean and fresh environment at the PAU offices at all times.
- Ensures proper maintenance of equipment and facilities in the offices.
- Prepares and organizes meeting venues.
- Organizes refreshments and amenities for all relevant meetings.
- Moves files/documents to and from action officers.
- Photocopies and handles mails/ letters and ensures that they reach the right recipient in a timely manner.
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU) Office Attendant job placement must hold an Advanced Level Certificate of Education (UACE) or its equivalent.
- At least three years of relevant working experience in a similar position serving in a busy working environment.
- Innovative and with a proven high level of integrity.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Ability and willingness to work late and during weekends.
- Proven track record of outstanding performance.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Courteousness with excellent customer care skills.
- Proven record of a high standard of completing tasks and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to adapt to varying situations and paying to attention to detail.
- Experience and /or training in office management and maintenance.
- Computer Literacy and knowledge of use of email and other relevant eservices.
- Knowledge of records management
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply online by clicking on the link below.
Click Here (Register) -> Proceed to Application
- ONLY online applications will be considered.
- Applicants are required to scan and attach CERTIFIED copies of the required academic documents only e.g. Degree, Transcript, Diploma, A-level and O-level certificates and PLE results slip.
- Academic documents for the successful candidates will be vetted and background checks conducted before they are considered for appointment into the Authority.
- Only short listed and successful candidates will be contacted.
- All appointments shall be subject to a probationary period of not more than six months and subsequent confirmation in service will be based on satisfactory performance of the individual.
Deadline: 14th June 2021 by 11:59 pm.