Fresher Field Assistant DINU NGO Job Opportunities – Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
Job Title: Field Assistant DINU
Organization: Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
Duty Station: Uganda
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an international non-profit organization which implements the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
Job Summary: You will assist Implementation of the DINU program field activities by working directly with local partners and community members in support of Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work to serve the poor and vulnerable. Your service and community interpersonal skills contribute to projects that benefit local communities that consistently applies best practices and continuously works towards improving its impact.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- You will lead the mobilization and training of community-based participants in the sector assigned and report through the project cycle – start-up, implementation, and close-out – in line with CRS program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices.
- Effectively engage and build capacity of the community leads in each sector to support quality project implementation.
- Recruit and supervise community volunteers (SILC and Agriculture agents, Community Animal Health workers, PSPs; VHT members, MCGs, Lead Mothers, and facilitate establishment of SILC groups, farmers, and PSPs) across the project areas and keenly monitor progress and provide ongoing support through regular field visits.
- Participate in the project monitoring, learning and evaluation activities following MEAL guidelines Share information about climate changes and landscape management practices to enable the program to adapt during implementation.
- Compile data provided at the community level as per project requirements and contribute to the preparation of reports.
- Coordinate communication and facilitate information sharing among the partners and beneficiaries at the community level to assist in strengthening the community interest, involvement, and support networks. Liaise with various community stakeholders and mobilize them to ensure full involvement of community leaders, community representatives, and local government representatives in the overall implementation and improvement of project activities.
- Complete project documentation for assigned activities. Assist with identifying information for case studies and reports on promising practices
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a Diploma holders in the field of Agriculture livelihoods or Nutrition. Degree in Agriculture or Nutrition related field would be an advantage.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of work experience in project management, ideally in the field of Agriculture and value chain and for an NGO.
- Ability to communicate to communities and local leaders
- Experience in writing basic reports.
- Strong written and verbal communication/written skills in English
- Strong written and spoken communication skills in Pokot or Kiswahili are a MUST
- Travel Required Based in the field with at least 100% travel to DINU implementation Sub-Counties
- Observation and active listening skills
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with diverse groups
- Proactive, results-oriented, and service-oriented
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to Email a cover letter and CV only to email@example.com
Large files and/or scans of documents will lead to rejection of your application.
In the subject line of the email, copy and paste FIELDASSISTANT Only applications with this subject line will be considered for this position. CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Deadline: 11th June 2021 at 5:00pm