31 Customer Service Jobs – Business Bankers – DFCU Bank
Job Title: Business Bankers (31 Customer Service Jobs)
Organisation: DFCU Bank
Duty Station: Kampala and Upcountry, Uganda
Reports to: Branch Manager
dfcu Bank is a fast-growing Bank in Uganda offering a wide range of financial solutions to its chosen market segments. We are seeking to recruit for the respective positions of Personal Banker in our Chief Commercial Domain to support our expansion strategy.
Job Summary: Reporting to the Branch Manager, the DFCU Business Banker will be responsible for growing and maintaining the business asset and liability portfolio of the branch by offering business banking solutions to clients in accordance with the laid down procedures.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Source for new business and maintain existing accounts to achieve sales & relationship targets for Business growth.
- Monitor own portfolio to ensure that PAR and NPAs are kept within the acceptable levels.
- Appraise loan applications making sure that they meet the set standards and credit requirements using the prescribed score cards and return those that do not meet specifications to the front office desk for follow up to avoid losses.
- Initiate credit applications for new and existing customers by completing the documentation with customers, completing the required financial analysis, and submitting applications to credit for approval to meet the set agreed timelines.
- Increase product penetration for allocated customers by reviewing their portfolio to determine potential cross sells and proactively recommend new products to customers for Business growth.
- Receive security documents from customers ensuring that they meet bank standards and any specific requirements depending on the facilities offered to the customer.
- Follow up on all approved loans and ensure that customer information is correctly captured in the system i.e., standing orders, interest rates, repayment schedules, limits, review, and expiry dates to avoid losses.
- Follow up on irregular accounts and generate actioned arrears report for submission to credit for a quality portfolio.
- Make calls to clients with loans in arrears to support timely collection and generate reports to ensure NPA/PAR are within the acceptable levels.
- Process disbursement requests for all lending products inorder to achieve the branch targets.
- Take responsibility for the performance of allocated SME portfolio inorder to maximize loyalty and customer satisfaction.
- Onboard new customers on QuickBanking and inform customers of other appropriate service channels.
- Comply with KYC, AML & suspicious transactions reporting and ensure that all documentation and transactions are in line with local and regulatory anti-money laundering and KYC requirements.
- Undertake additional duties and/or transfer you to other duties compatible with your skills and experience within dfcu more generally as the Bank shall in its absolute discretion determine.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the DFCU Bank Business Banker job placement must hold a Bachelor’s degree.
- Three years of banking experience.
- Strong credit skills.
- Excellent selling skills.
- Excellent sales, networking and relationship management background.
- Strong Communication and presentation skills, verbal and written.
- Credit Appraisal & Analysis skills & portfolio quality control.
- Good understanding of the business banking market.
- Good understanding of the Bank’s products.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiating skills.
- Industry and business awareness.
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills.
- Good organization & team work (Winning together) skills.
- Ability to manage a portfolio of customers with different business needs.
How to Apply:
All qualified and interested applicants should send their applications with detailed CVs including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates (University Transcript, O & A level) to the email address indicated below;
Deadline: Friday 4th June 2021
dfcu Bank is committed to give equal opportunities in employment and aims to ensure that it does not discriminate against gender or race. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted through +256 312 300391.
Disclaimer: dfcu Bank does not solicit/accept payment in cash/kind from prospective candidates in exchange for shortlisting or job placement. Any candidate who engages in this kind of transaction is aiding and abetting fraud and will be automatically disqualified.