Job Title: Driver (6 Job Opportunities)
Organisation: Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU) is a statutory body established under Section 9 of the Petroleum (Exploration, Development and Production) Act 2013, and in line with the National Oil and Gas Policy for Uganda which was approved in 2008. The mandate of the Petroleum Authority of Uganda is to monitor and regulate the exploration, development, and production, together with the refining, gas conversion, transportation, and storage of petroleum in Uganda. This includes ensuring that petroleum operations in Uganda are carried out in accordance with the relevant laws, regulations, guidelines, statutes and in line with international best practices for the petroleum industry.
Job Summary: The Driver is responsible for providing reliable and safe driving services to staff of the Authority and authorized visitors and will ensure the highest standards of discretion and integrity, sense of responsibility, excellent knowledge of protocol, and security in the execution of his / her duties. He/ she will demonstrate a client-oriented approach, courtesy, confidentiality, tact, and ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds. Additionally, He/she will be responsible for the delivery or collection of mails, documents, and other items on behalf of the Petroleum Authority of Uganda.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drives safely and reliably according to the road and traffic laws and regulations of Uganda and ensures that safe driving practices are adhered to including local driving codes and the agreed standards of the Authority.
- Safely delivers and collects mail, documents, and any other items.
- Ensures good management of the vehicle including safety, cleanliness, and tidiness.
- Completes vehicle daily log sheets and carries out daily and weekly maintenance checks on the vehicle.
- Prepares and submits monthly reports for the assigned vehicle.
- Performs any other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU) Driver job placement must hold an Ordinary level certificate.
- Should possess a valid clean computerized driving permit.
- Should have at least class B and CM driving classes.
- A minimum of five (5) years of driving experience with an accident-free record.
- Demonstrate ability to undertake basic vehicle maintenance and repair.
- Computer Literacy and knowledge of the use of email and other relevant eservices desired
- Innovative and with a proven high level of integrity.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Ability and willingness to work late and during weekends.
- Proven track record of outstanding performance.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent driving skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Fluency in both spoken and written English.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply online by clicking on the link below.
Click Here (Register) -> Proceed to Application
- ONLY online applications will be considered.
- Applicants are required to scan and attach CERTIFIED copies of the required academic documents only e.g. Degree, Transcript, Diploma, A-level and O-level certificates and PLE results slip.
- Academic documents for the successful candidates will be vetted and background checks conducted before they are considered for appointment into the Authority.
- Only short listed and successful candidates will be contacted.
- All appointments shall be subject to a probationary period of not more than six months and subsequent confirmation in service will be based on satisfactory performance of the individual.
Deadline: 14th June 2021 by 11:59 pm.