60 Recovery Officers
Job Title: Recovery Officers (60 Job Placements)
Duty Station: Across the Country, Uganda
A reputable financial institution is seeking to recruit suitable, qualified Ugandans to manage credit monitoring and recovery activities. Applicants should have a proven track record and recommendation in credit and debt collection
Job Summary: The Recovery Officer is an employee under Recovery Unit structure within the company. Recovery Officer is responsible to maximize cash collections for problematic credit portfolio to enhance credit portfolio quality and to put repayment behavior of delinquent clients back on track. Therefore, Recovery Officer is fully responsible for the collection of outstanding credit portfolio assigned to him/her until complete debt recovery of individual clients.
About the position
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for daily management of delinquent credit portfolio assigned to him/her, including daily calls and visits to delinquent customers as per established weekly/monthly plans over recovery actions.
- Responsible to ensure compliance with established KPIs for cash collections over delinquent credit portfolio.
- Responsible to comply with established institutional policies and processes in day-to-day operations
- Reports to direct supervisor on daily bases over performed recovery activities and their outcomes.
- Reports to the arrears management committee on weekly bases over performed recovery activities, their outcomes and provides reasoned proposals (appropriate next recovery steps) for individual clients.
- Reports to the direct supervisor and arrears management committee on any irregularities (noncompliance with established polices and processes, discrepancies between the initial credit assessment and real financial situation of a client, fraud cases, etc.) found during arrears management activities for further investigation and actions.
- Provides all necessary support to other departments (legal, finance, technical, etc.) during investigations and actions over individual delinquent cases.
- Provides support to branches in negotiations and other arrears management actions, when required.
- Other tasks as assigned by direct supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a University degree
- Strong negotiation, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good computer literacy.
- Strong English written and spoken skills.
- Fluent in the local language (s) of a specific region assigned to him/her.
- Ability to make fair and ethical decisions in tough circumstances.
- Well organized in order to handle assigned tasks and prioritize recovery actions.
- High self-motivation with strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to motivate and persuade delinquent clients to repay debt.
- Demonstrate high level of ethical commitment and trustworthiness.
- Readiness to spend 90% of time outside of the office to perform daily field visits to client’s primary located in rural arears.
- Minimum one year of experience with good track record in a similar role within MFI, micro – oriented bank, collection company, solar asset finance company.
Compensation and benefits: Salary and benefits are competitive, commensurate with experience.
How to Apply:
All qualified and interested applicants should send their applications to recruitment_UG@protonmail.com
NB: We will review applications based on a first come first serve basis and might close the vacancy ahead of schedule should a suitable candidate have been found. On email applications please use the following subject: Application for Recovery Officer – “Your Name”.
Deadline: 30th June 2021