Accounts Assistant (Payroll) Job Careers – East African Community (EAC)
Job Title: Accounts Assistant (Payroll)
Organisation: East African Community (EAC)
Duty Station: Arusha, Tanzania
NB: This Position is open to Ugandan Nationals
The East African Community is a regional intergovernmental organization comprising the Republic of Burundi, the Republic of Kenya, the Republic of Rwanda, the United Republic of Tanzania, and the Republic of Uganda with its Headquarters in Arusha, Tanzania.
Job Summary: The Accounts Assistant (Payroll) will process staff payroll, pay staff salaries and make payments to suppliers as directed .
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process staff payroll. This entails updating the payroll by ensuring that all deductions and refunds to staff through the salaries are done.
- Maintain and update staff bank details for salary payments;
- Process monthly payroll by ensuring that that employees are paid salaries by the 24th of each month;
- Prepare journal import for posting salaries to sun system;
- Calculate and deposit gratuity for staff on a monthly basis;
- Make payments to suppliers. This entails receiving invoices from admissions office and process payments, advance payment for life insurance and medical cover, check all lodged documents and respective invoices to confirm validity and approval before processing payment;
- Initiate payment vouchers and forwarding them for checking by other officers;
- Process payments and allowances to staff Including payment of gratuity to staff upon completion of contract, salary advances and house advances, leave allowance, settlement allowance, Airtime, per diems, imprests and fund for retirement among others;
- Reconcile suppliers accounts, housing and salary advances accounts and current accounts
- Prepare periodic and submit monthly and weekly reports on outstanding suppliers’ invoices, housing advances outstanding, salary advances outstanding, salaries and gratuity for staff payable to the bank;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Management from time to time .
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold an undergraduate Degree in Accounts or finance, Business Administration with CPA II / ACCA II or relevant accounting certification.
- Minimum of 5 years working in an accounting environment.
- Competency in Accounting systems, Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and Outlook. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Attention to detail and ability to multi-task. High level of integrity
Eligibility for applications: Only applicants from the Republic of Burundi, Rwanda, South Sudan and Uganda are eligible to apply for the above position.
How to Apply:
All interested candidates who meet the qualification and experience requirements for the above mentioned position are advised to :
- Fill in the application form attached (Download Here);
- Attach their application letter, a detailed CV, Copies of certified academic certificates, and a copy of National Identity Card or Passport in PDF format scanned in one (1) file.
- Please quote the respective reference number on both the application letter and envelope.
- For electronic submission, please quote the respective reference number on the subject of the email and send to the address given below;
The Secretary General
East African Community
P.O. Box 1096
Arusha – Tanzania.
Tel: +255 27 2162100
Fax: +255 27 2162190
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You may submit your application either electronically or in hard copy but not both.
- Only qualified candidates will be contacted
- EAC Staff Rules and Regulations preclude considerations of applicants above 55 years of age.
- Please note that EAC does not require candidates to pay money for the recruitment process. All invitations for interviews will be done in writing.
Deadline: 18th June 2021