Job Title: Senior Supply Associate
Organization: United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Duty Station: Uganda
The Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees was established on December 14, 1950 by the United Nations General Assembly. UNHCR’s mandate under the Statute of the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees is to lead and co-ordinate action for international protection to refugees; seek permanent solutions for the problems of refugees and safeguard refugee rights and well-being. UNHCR has an additional mandate concerning issues of statelessness, as it is given a designated role under Article 11 of the 1961 Convention on the Reduction of Statelessness.
Job Summary: The Senior Supply Associate manages and supports all activities pertaining to the supply chain function including planning, sourcing & procurement, transport, shipping, customs clearance, warehousing, assets & fleet management and monitoring, as applicable for the area of responsibility (AoR).
The incumbent is supervised by a higher level supply position and receives regular guidance and instructions from the supervisor on successive steps. S/he may supervise some general service and/or AWF staff. The incumbent maintains regular contact on a working level on routine issues with other UNHCR offices, UN agencies, NGOs, government partners and commercial contractors in the area to facilitate performing the supply function. The duty of the Senior Supply Associate is to support and monitor the management of material resources within the geographical area covered while exercising efficiency in the use of the available resources.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- In compliance with supply chain rules and procedures, support the related supply activities to facilitate UNHCR end to end processes resulting in a timely and quality delivery of goods and services to persons of concern.
- Prepare plans for delivery of relief and other non-food items according to the operational needs and regularly update the information in UNHCR IT systems.
- Apply UNHCR’s sourcing & procurement strategy when planning for purchase of important commodities and services. Update the information in UNHCR IT systems.
- Prepare supply chain management plans, implement them and provide information on the status of requests and the availability of items in the different steps of the supply chain.
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive records on supply activities and provide timely reports and updates both periodically and on request.
- Evaluate purchase requisitions to ensure that specifications, delivery dates and all other requirements are in order.
- Draft and dispatch quotation requests and/or tenders, assist in the evaluation of offers and draft bid-tabulations and prepare proposals for award of contracts to the Committee on Contracts.
- Prepare Purchase Orders and send confirmations, requests for inspection and other correspondence.
- Support warehouse management; monitor the manufacture/transport of ordered goods and relocations of goods between UNHCR warehouses to ensure timely delivery.
- Provide guidance and advice on UNHCR procurement policies and procedures to support and assist requesting operations, HQ entities and others, as applicable.
- Ensure that PPE agreements are properly issued and signed.
- Ensure proper preparation of disposal forms and cases for the Asset Management Board.
- Provide asset management reports, customised reports, and gather information on all assets and provide in-depth reports periodically and when requested.
- Monitor the quality and accuracy of supply chain related data in relevant business systems. Compile and analyse statistical information, identify trends and developments in supply chain related matters that will assist in decision making.
- Disseminate, promote commitment to and monitor compliance with UNHCR’s global policies, standards and guidance on supply chain management.
In the Regional Bureaux:
- Track the progress of specific operations and advice senior regional and/or country operation¿s management including guidance that ensures timely implementation and/or corrective actions, as required.
- Assist in coaching and advising individuals as requested.
- Track global Supply KPIs for the region and assist in devising regional ones, as required.
- Monitor all periodic Supply exercises such as monthly reconciliations, quarterly physical inventory exercises, and year-end accounts closure procedures and ensure compliance through provision of guidance and advice to senior regional and country operation¿s managers.
- Assist Country Operations in MSRP management.
- Support the analysis of country financial reports and work with the Country Operations Supply Team leaders to address red areas relating to Supply aspects of operations by providing advice and corrective measures in compliance with Supply and Financial rules and regulations.
- Support the country needs assessment plans and ensure their full inclusion/reflection in the regional procurement plans. Monitor the implementation and propose/review revisions based on operational needs.
In the Country Operations:
- Ensure local liaison with partners to effectively support the supply activities.
- Provide effective local support to UNHCR supply chain to develop an infrastructure that accommodates the needs of its operation.
- Manage storage of goods according to “best practices” and UNHCR rules and regulations.
- Ensure timely customs clearance of consignments.
- Coordinate supply activities of UNHCR Partners and/or contractors performing supply related activities, and ensure that they understand and adhere to relevant UNHCR rules and procedures.
- Establish PPE status through regular physical verification.
- Manage PPE disposal process for the old/obsolete items according to Asset Management Board decisions and plan for replacement items.
- Implement effective asset and fleet management that regularly monitors the asset/fleet pool, saves cost and safeguards the investment of the organisation including receipt, inspection, registration & marking of new Property, Plant and Equipment (PPE), and organisation of the physical verification of PPE.
- Adapt local supply chain structures to be consistent with the operational needs. Ensure effective information flow in the supply chain and adapt local process to the prevailing environment.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) Senior Supply Associate job opportunity should hold For G7 – 4 years relevant experience with High School Diploma; or 2 years relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher
- Certificates and/or Licenses: Trade, Commerce, Business Administration, Economics, Marketing or other relevant field.
- Other UN procurement and logistics training ¿ such as IAPSO and UNPD is desired
- IT-Computer Literacy
- SC-PeopleSoft Supply Chain Management
- SC-Supply Planning
- SC-Public procurement
- SC-Customs clearance
- SC-Warehouse Management
- SC-Asset Management
- SC-Fleet Management
- Language Requirements: Please also note that English is essential for this Job Opening.
- Organizational Awareness
- Teamwork & Collaboration
- Commitment to Continuous Learning
- Client & Result Orientation
- Empowering and Building Trust
- Managing Performance
- Analytical Thinking
- Planning and Organizing
- Stakeholder Management
How to Apply:
All interested Ugandan nationals who wish to join the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to click on the link below and follow the application instructions after reviewing the job details.
Deadline: 17th June 2021