Fresher Safety, Health and Environmental Officer Jobs – Jolems Investment Limited
Organisation: Jolems Investment Limited
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Jolems Investment Limited is a manufacturer of foods and plastics products. It was established in the City of Kampala in 2019 to establish, acquire, manage office, training stations, factories, shops and depots among which include production of toothbrush, biscuits, and cookies.
Job Summary: The Safety, Health and Environmental Officer will coordinate and manage health and safety systems inclusive of all internal as well as external audits and corrective action across all functions, capabilities, and sites within the organization. Safety, Health and Environment Officer will be responsible for planning, coordinating and implementing effective HSE policies, guidelines and procedures in line with company goals and objectives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- To ensure that all staff and visitors observe HSE regulations, wears all required safety equipment, encourage safe working practices, correct obvious hazards immediately or report them to the senior management.
- To ensure proper waste management in and outside the factory and that all waste generated as a result of our operations are handles in accordance with local and national regulations.
- To develop countermeasures and procedures to mitigate any risks identified.
- To train all personnel on-site on Occupational health and safety Audit effectiveness of the program, investigate accidents and incidents.
- To conduct safety and fire drills at specific time intervals
- Coordinate implementation of health and safety procedures and compile periodic reports for management review.
- Participate in routine plant keeping to ensure maximum hygiene and environmental standards
- Perform any duties as may be assigned by Management.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Science Engineering & Management, Industrial Chemistry or Chemical Engineering, Food Technology, Chemistry/Biochemistry or Microbiology, or related field
- At least two (02) years of work experience in a similar position in a manufacturing environment.
- Detailed knowledge with the applicable laws, regulations, guidelines & code of practices
- High degree of flexibility and ability to work at any time, even beyond normal working hours when duty calls.
- Must possess the good analytical ability and problem-solving skills.
- Good oral & written communication and interpersonal skills.
How to Apply:
All candidates should apply online at the link below.