Secretary Jobs – Uganda Law Reform Commission (ULRC)
Job Title: Secretary
Organisation: Uganda Law Reform Commission (ULRC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Chairperson
The Uganda Law Reform Commission is an autonomous body of Government established under Article 248(1) of the Constitution of the Republic of Uganda and operationalized by the Uganda Law Reform Commission Act, Cap. 25. The mandate of the Commission is to study and keep under constant review the Acts and all other laws comprising the laws of Uganda with a view to making recommendations for their systematic improvement, development, modernisation and reform.
Job Summary: The Secretary is the Chief Executive and Accounting Officer of the Commission.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: In particular, he/she will perform the following duties:-
- Control and supervise staff of the Commission.
- Spearhead strategic leadership in the management and administration of the Commission by supervising, coordinating and monitoring Commission activities.
- Implement government policies.
- Oversee preparation of operational policy proposals.
- Effectively implement the policy decisions of the Commission.
- Mobilise resources for the Commission.
- Manage the funds and other resources of the Commission and ensure proper utilization.
- The secretary and technical advisor to the meetings of the Commission and the Appointments Board.
- Responsible for the preparation of the Commission budget.
- Responsible for commitments made by the Commission.
- Report to Parliament on the performance of the Commission.
- Promote linkages between the Commission, the public and other stakeholders.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the Chairperson from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold an Honours Bachelor of Laws degree from a recognised university;
- A Diploma in Legal Practice from an institution recognized by the Uganda Law Council;
- A Master’s Degree in any of the following fields: Public Administration, Public Sector Management, Law, Business Administration, Management Studies or a field related to management from a recognized Institution.
- At least 10 years working experience, three of which should have been at the level of Commissioner or Director in Government or an equivalent level of experience from a reputable organization and should have been confirmed in appointment.
- Leadership skills with demonstrable experience in the implementation of decisions and organizational strategies, Policy management, change management, innovation and commitment to the Leadership Code.
- He/ she should demonstrate competence in conducting the day-to-day operations of a large organization e.g. financial management, human resource management, public procurement, communication and planning, change management, monitoring and evaluation.
- Knowledge of Project Planning and Management
- He/ she should be familiar with the Government of Uganda financial management procedures.
- Strategic thinking skills
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to handle a multi-disciplinary team.
How to Apply:
All suitably and interested candidates should submit their application letters, detailed curriculum vitae with names and contact details of two (2) referees and supporting original scanned documents addressed to the Ag. Secretary through the email address: email@example.com
Applications should be submitted in one PDF file not exceeding 10MB. Applicants should attach a recent passport photo on their application letters. All serving public servants should submit their applications through their Responsible Officers.
- Any form of bribery or influence peddling of any sort for and on behalf of any applicant shall lead to automatic disqualification.
- Applicants who shall not hear from the Commission on completion of the selection exercise should consider themselves unsuccessful.
Deadline: 28th June 2021 at 11:59pm.