WATSAN Engineer NGO Jobs – Living Water International (LWI)
Job Title: WATSAN Engineer
Organisation: Living Water International (LWI)
Duty Station: Uganda
Living Water International (LWI) exists to demonstrate the love of God by helping communities acquire desperately needed clean water, and to experience “living water” – the gospel of Jesus Christ – which alone satisfies the deepest thirst.
About LWI Uganda Program:
LWI Uganda is an affiliate of Living Water International (LWI) a Christian International NGO with its Headquarters in Houston USA. In Uganda LWI runs an integrated WASH program in Southwestern and Eastern Uganda working in Ibanda and Mayuge Districts. LWI Uganda been operating in Uganda since 2009 providing safe clean water, Christian Witness, Sanitation and Hygiene services and building capacity of communities in operation & maintenance of wells.
Job Summary: The WATSAN Engineer will be responsible for all tasks related to the design, construction, maintenance and sustainability of water and sanitation projects in the targeted communities in Uganda.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Living Water International (LWI) WATSAN Engineer job opportunity should hold a University Degree in Civil /Water Engineering (with experience in Hydraulics), Hydrogeology
- Training in drilling and Hydrology will be added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in construction of potable and sanitary water systems and other civil works.
- Experience in hydrogeological siting and surveying
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in management or leadership role
- Experience in preparing and controlling budgets.
- Experience in composing informative technical documents.
- Experience in working with multi-disciplinary equipment including drilling equipment.
- Experience in preparing diagnostic and feasibility reports of clean water, and sanitation projects.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office packages (MS Word, Excel.
- Knowledge of GPS and location of projects using Google Maps.
- Clean drivers’ license with 4 years minimum driving experience (DL, CM class preferred).
How to Apply:
Submit your CV maximum 4 pages (please no certificates) 3 referees & a letter from your Church leader to: HR and Administration Manager, email@example.com
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 2 weeks of deadline. Shortlisting will be done on rolling basis. All offers of employment are subject to successful completion of all applicable background checks. Please refer to www.water.cc for information on our work.
Deadline: 18th June 2021