Job Title: Deputy IT Manager
Organisation: ASA Microfinance Uganda Ltd (ASA Uganda)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head IT
ASA Microfinance Uganda Ltd (ASA Uganda) is a for-profit, non-depository Microfinance Institution, operating as a microfinance company and regulated by the Uganda Microfinance Regulatory Authority (UMRA). ASA Microfinance Uganda Ltd is also a member of Association of Microfinance Institutions of Uganda (AMFIU). ASA Uganda commenced operations in 2013. ASA Uganda is a subsidiary of ASA International, one of the world’s largest international microfinance institutions in the world and operates in 13 countries in Africa and Asia. The company is listed on the London Stock Exchange since July 2018.
ASA Microfinance (U) Ltd is seeking for professionally confident, self-motivated individual, who is also a committed team player to reinforce its capacity by filling the following vacant position: Deputy IT. Manager
Job Summary: The Deputy IT Manager will be responsible for network and communication systems design, implementation, administration, monitoring, troubleshooting, network infrastructure, database management, software and hardware maintenance.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, Implement and Manage network and communication systems
- System evaluation/analysis and operation monitoring
- Database administration/server administration
- Computer hardware and software maintenance
- Monitor performance of information technology systems to determine cost and productivity levels, and make recommendations for improving the IT infrastructure.
- Analyze business requirements by partnering with key stakeholders across the organization to develop solutions for IT needs
- Assess vendors and develop test strategies for new hardware and software
- Running regular checks on network and data security
- Identifying and acting on opportunities to improve and update software and systems
- Conducting regular system audits
- Digital Platform management e.g. website
- Managing and reporting on allocation of IT budget
- Identifying opportunities for team training and skills advancement
- Adhering to all company policies and procedures
- Keep an up to date inventory of all IT hardware and software
- Identify security threats, formulate strategies and methods and mitigate the threats.
- To undertake any other duties commensurate with the level of the post, as required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- Four years of management experience in an IT environment.
- Self-motivated, proactive and self-starter.
- High analytical skills.
- Well-networked within Uganda’s technology community.
- Has a personal commitment to organizational excellence; displays honesty, integrity, and a strong sense of ethics in all decision and actions.
- Highly organized self-starter with grit, determination and passion for hard work.
- High levels of customer service.
- Track record of innovation.
How to Apply:
All applicants who meet the above requirements can send their applications, Curriculum Vitae, copies of relevant academic and professional qualifications, contact details for three (03) professional referees and a day-time telephone number, to the address below:
The Head of Human Resources & Administration,
ASA Microfinance (U) Ltd,
Plot 228 Buye-Kigowa, Ntinda,
P.O. Box 245, Ntinda,
Email to: email@example.com
Deadline: 21st June, 2021 by 5:00 pm
Please note that hand delivered applications will not be accepted, but send your applications on the above email address. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: ASA Microfinance (U) Ltd is an equal opportunity employer and aims to attract and select a diverse workforce, irrespective of race, age, gender, ethnicity, disability, location, and religion.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com