Job Title: Fundraising Officer
Organisation: Uganda Biodiversity Trust Fund (UBF)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Fundraising and Investment Manager (Will Report to ED in the meantime)
The Uganda Biodiversity Trust Fund (UBF) is an independent funding Institution, ‘a Trust Fund’ established as a mechanism to provide sustainable financing for the conservation of priority biodiversity in Uganda. The UBF was registered in August 2016 under the Trustees’ Incorporation Act of 1939, Chapter 165. The Trust Deed that regulates the UBF states that its mission is “to serve as a catalyst for mobilizing, managing and channeling financial resources for biodiversity conservation and sustainable use of natural resources in Uganda for the benefit of current and future generations. The Trust is not an implementing organization; it provides grants and financial support to other institutions that are involved in the implementation of projects to protect biodiversity and ecosystem services.
Job Summary: The Fundraising Officer has the primary responsibility for planning, developing, and implementing innovative Fundraising Strategies and developing partnerships with other relevant organizations for funding. This Role will focus largely on the engagement of the Private sector to actively participate and fund Biodiversity Conservation through building the Endowment Fund.
The Fundraising Officer will mainly implement UBTF’s Fundraising and Investment Strategy and deliver UBTF’s specific fundraising Programs relating to donors and grants.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Economics, Development Studies, Business Administration, Mass Communication, or any other related discipline from a recognized institution
- A postgraduate qualification in an area related to Project Planning and Fundraising. Three years’ experience in raising funds for NGOs is acceptable instead of the qualification.
- At least three years of relevant work experience in a reputable organization
- Demonstrated experience in writing and winning funding proposals.
- Developing and running successful fundraising Campaigns
- Communication skills
- Project Proposal writing skills
- Networking skills
- Report writing
- Analytical skills
- Negotiation skills
- Ability to do fundraising
- Public relations skills
- Ability to establish critical working relationships
- Ability to promote and safeguard UBTF policies
- Ability to conduct power analysis
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their applications with updated CVs including three work related referees addressed to: The Executive Director through e-mail address email@example.com Please indicate the title of the Job you are applying for in the Subject line of the Email.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted. Any applications submitted after the
deadline shall not be considered.
Deadline: 24th June 2021
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com