Job Title: Results & Learning Intern (No Experience UN Internship Jobs)
Organisation: United Nations Capital Development Fund (UNCDF)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The UN Capital Development Fund (UNCDF) makes public and private finance work for the poor in the world’s 47 least developed countries (LDCs). With its capital mandate and instruments, UNCDF offers “last mile” finance models that unlock public and private resources, especially at the domestic level, to reduce poverty and support local economic development. This last mile is where available resources for development are scarcest; where market failures are most pronounced; and where benefits from national growth tend to leave people excluded.
Job Summary: The Results & Learning intern will support to the Results Measurement Specialist and the Regional Digital Hub Manager for Eastern and Southern Africa.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the development of results measurement tools for new projects, including the development of results chains, project indicators, and reporting tools for partners;
- Support the collection, review and analysis of partner reporting;
- Conduct monitoring visits and document findings in project logs;
- Conduct desk reviews and analysis of industry data, research, best/bad practices, and measurement practices related to digital (financial) inclusion;
- Support the development of knowledge products and donor reports;
- Support the development of regional dashboards to monitor project pipeline, fundraising, publications and social media engagements;
- Support the migration of information to online project management and data tools (Asana and Airtable);
- Support the organization and facilitating of regional learning events;
- Other tasks as requested by Results Measurement Specialist and the Regional Digital Hub Manager.
- For those applicants that wish to combine the internship with the writing of their thesis, UNCDF may provide support in exploring research topics.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the United Nations Capital Development Fund (UNCDF) Results & Learning internship must be enrolled in a bachelor or master’s programme in technology, economics, public/business administration, social sciences, or related discipline, in a graduate school (second university degree or higher) at the time of application and during the internship (if a candidate is graduating before the internship period begins, they are no longer eligible); or
- Pursuing their university/college studies, having completed at least two years of full-time studies at a university or equivalent institution towards the completion of a degree, if pursuing their studies in countries where higher education is not divided into undergraduate and graduate stages;
- Not have graduated prior to the beginning of the internship.
- Demonstrated interest in topics related to socioeconomic development;
- Excellent organizational, inter-personal, communication and administrative skills;
- Able to take initiative and work independently;
- Proven ability to manage diverse and complex tasks;
- Excellent computer capabilities (Word, Excel, Power Point);
- Experience with using statistical analysis software (e.g. R, STATA, SPSS) is preferred but not mandatory
- Excellent speaking and writing skills in English;
- Strong ability to communicate and function effectively in an international and multicultural environment;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Respect for diversity;
- Highest standards of integrity, discretion and loyalty;
- Commitment to UNCDF`s vision, mission, and strategic goals.
How to Apply:
All applicants who wish to join the UN Capital Development Fund (UNCDF) should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 21st June 2021
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com