Job Title: Human Resources Assistant
Organization: United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Vacancy Notice: Internal/ External vacancy notice 004/Temp/2021
Position Number: T/004/01/21
The Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees was established on December 14, 1950 by the United Nations General Assembly. UNHCR’s mandate under the Statute of the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees is to lead and co-ordinate action for international protection to refugees; seek permanent solutions for the problems of refugees and safeguard refugee rights and well-being. UNHCR has an additional mandate concerning issues of statelessness, as it is given a designated role under Article 11 of the 1961 Convention on the Reduction of Statelessness.
Job Summary: The Human Resources Assistant will function under direct supervision of the Administrative or Human Resources Officer/Associate, assisting him/her in personnel administration and other HR related matters, including the process of recruitment and appointment of staff, and in the performance management and welfare issues of staff under area of responsibility (AOR).
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide clerical support in the recruitment, assignment, reassignment and separation of local general service staff.
- Assist in processing local staff members’ contracts, entitlements and benefits in accordance with Staff Rules and established HR procedures.
- Provide advice to staff members on their rights, obligations, benefits and entitlements according to the UN/UNHCR staff rules and regulations.
- Assist newly arrived international staff with administrative formalities related to their accreditations, security/ground passes, arrange travel and hotel reservations. Assist with shipment of their personal effects in coordination with the logistics section.
- Provide administrative support to staff and dependants in case of medical evacuations, as well as security evacuations/relocations.
- Maintain personnel records in the office, including maintenance of the attendance, overtime and leave records.
- Initiate calculations for payments related to personnel issues such as settlement of travel claims, overtime claims, hazard pay, MIP reimbursements, medical and security evacuations, shipment costs.
- Initiate routine correspondence on HR matters for the authorizing officer’s approval.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) Human Resources Assistant job opportunity should have completed a High school diploma. Required.
- Completion of technical school with training/certificate in Human Resources Management or related field is required.
- One year of previous job experience relevant to the field is required.
- Knowledge of English is required
Desirable Qualifications & Competencies
- Field experience with UNHCR and/or with other humanitarian organizations is desirable.
- Good knowledge of UNHCR administrative procedures and processes and exposure to provision of support services in an international organization is desirable.
- High IT affinity and working experience of ERP systems is desirable.
- Organizational Awareness
- Teamwork & Collaboration
- Commitment to Continuous Learning
- Client & Result Orientation
- Planning and Organizing
How to Apply:
All interested Ugandan nationals who wish to join the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to click on the link below and follow the application instructions after reviewing the job details.
Deadline: 16th June 2021
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com