Job Title: Manager, Treasury & Capital Management
Organisation: Orient Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Chief Finance Officer
Orient Bank is a leading Private sector commercial bank in Uganda since 1993. Its steady growth over the last 20 years can be attributed to its professional management and prudent Lending and investment policy. The confidence in Orient Bank of the Ugandan business community in particular and the public in general, is reflected in its large deposit base. In November 2002 Orient Bank made another first in this economy by successfully out competing other Banks in taking over TransAfrica Bank Ltd., (TABL).
Job Summary: The Manager, Treasury & Capital Management will be responsible for periodic Treasury Balance Sheet and Income Statement control, reporting and analysis.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver accurate P&L reports, analysis and commentary.
- Challenge trading desk estimated Profit and loss and validate differences.
- Perform expected vs actual cash settlements reconciliation with active escalation to clear outstanding breaks.
- Managing a wide range of treasury associated agreements.
- Monitor and report on high treasury related risks.
- Provide technical accounting sign off for new treasury products to ensure alignment with sound financial Accounting Policies.
- Provide support to ensure successful and timely completion of internal and external audit engagements and provide necessary information
- Assess current operating model and suggest improvements to the control environment.
- Perform constant analysis to support business growth and balance sheet management.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance and Accounting
- Certification or professional memberships in CPA / ACCA/ CFA
- Five years of banking experience, 2 of which MUST have been in a Treasury front/
- middle/back-office operations.
- Strong understanding of finance principles & standards.
- Solid understanding of broader finance environment as well as broad based trading and finance system knowledge
- An in-depth knowledge of Treasury products, services their backend accounting treatments, associated risks and their valuations.
- A full understanding of the policies, processes and ethical issues surrounding the
- Treasury business.
- A good general knowledge of other bank products and their impact on Treasury.
How to Apply:
All interested candidates who meet the criteria indicated above are requested to send their applications, and updated Curriculum Vitae to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 16th July, 2021 by 5:00pm
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com