Job Title: Research Assistants (Several Data Management Jobs)
Duty Station: Jinja and Luwero, Uganda
PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
Job Summary: We are seeking to hire two (2) Research Assistants based in Luweero, or Jinja, for a period of four (4) months, to collect data for the evaluation to seek to understand the acceptability and usability of the Easyject device relative to the Uniject device, which has been shown to be acceptable and useable among both clients and providers in prior studies. The research assistants will primarily collect field data, using observation checklists, survey questionnaires and In-depth interview guides; transfer data and reporting.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend all required study trainings, orientations and meetings.
- Be physically present in the assigned implementing district whenever required to (Luwero or Jinja).
- Recruit participants including screening for eligibility.
- Obtain informed consent and enroll participants.
- Orient the participant on the either devices
- Administer questionnaires to participants.
- Record data on data collection forms (paper based, mobile electronic device, laptop).
- Check data for quality and completeness.
- Transfer data regularly to Site PI.
- Communicate regularly with Site PI to assure effective implementation of evaluation activities including sufficient enrolment and implementation according to protocol, SOPs, ethics and other regulatory approvals.
- Communicate regularly with Site PI and other evaluation staff.
- Solve problems together with Site PI and evaluation team members.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in a relevant field.
- Experience in research and also possess the ability to master new tools, as required
- Ability to respect confidentiality of participants
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated organization and problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to record data with precision and accuracy.
- Computer skills: Word, Excel, email
- Fluent in speaking and reading English, and fluent in the language spoken in the district to which the research Assistant is assigned. Language skills will be assessed during the interview process (English or Luganda).
- Must have legal authorization to work in Uganda.
How to Apply:
All candidates should apply online at the link below.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com