Job Title: Country Marketing Communications Officer
Organisation: SNV Netherlands Development Organisation
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Stichting SNV Netherlands Development Organisation (a foundation established under Dutch law), registered at Parkstraat 83, 2514 JG The Hague, The Netherlands, [represented by SNV in Uganda] hereinafter referred to as “SNV” is a not-for-profit international development organization that applies practical know-how to make a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty. We use our extensive and long-term in-country presence to apply and adapt our top-notch expertise in agriculture, energy, and WASH to local contexts. SNV has an annual turnover of €130 million, over 1,250 staff in more than 25 countries in Asia, Africa, and Latin America. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organization that uses project financing to implement our mission. This requires us to work efficiently and to invest in operational excellence.
In its new Strategic Plan period (2019 – 2022), SNV will more explicitly aim for systems change during project preparation and implementation – by strengthening institutions and kick-starting markets that help many more to escape poverty beyond our projects. We will continue to position ourselves as a premium organization, with decentralized management. For more information on our operations in Uganda and SNV generally visit our website: www.snv.org.
Job Summary: The Country Marketing Communications Officer is part of the country office and assigned to developing communication plans, branding and marketing materials with an aim to achieve an enabling environment for SNV’s business development.
The Country Marketing Communications Officer achieves an enabling environment for SNV’s business development, project and programme work by delivering marketing communication services and positioning SNV at events, websites and all media forums. Formulate and implement internal and external communications policies and related processes (e.g., knowledge management), based on corporate marketing and communication policies and standards to contribute to effective SNV branding and increased internal communication and knowledge sharing.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Content development: She/he leads on gathering and developing engaging visual and written material, effectively explaining project teams and Country office and engages a wide range of external audiences in our work.
- Production of regular news items, relevant publications, and attractive stories about Country programme work.
- Manage production of professional level publications and key communications materials. Where appropriate engage and manage professional writers.
- Ensure sufficient and adequate visual material is generated linked with the project and adequately stored (photo and video
- Communication database: Identify potential visuals and documents for usage in internal and/or external communication, advise country team on development of these visuals and documents and coordinate collection and archive.
- Internal Communication: Collaborate with corporate communication on internal communication products and implementation, formulate and distribute internal communication within the country. Develop content (stories!) to project and corporate publications such as the annual report, magazines, brochures, leaflets and videos.
- External Communication: Develop external communication approach. More so, based on corporate strategy, he/she will lead planning for the country / region, branding and desired positioning, formulation, editing, production and distribution of communication materials (e.g., reports, documents, promotional videos, visuals).
- Communication Advice: Support management and advisors on communication matters, application of corporate brand and promotional activities.
- Internet / intranet: Set up, maintain and manage the quality of the country website and intranet as part of SNV worldwide intranet and internet, conform the SNV website / intranet standards and marketing policy, and ensure / contribute to staff awareness and usage of the site.
- Coordinate press / media contact, inventories references to SNV in the press, maintains relations with the press, and may act as spokesperson to the press, edits press releases if required.
- Knowledge Management: Support the development and use of case studies, set up and maintain infrastructure and process for knowledge exchange and enhancement within the country / region, by providing advice and circulating relevant materials.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Master’s degree in communication, media, information, or relevant related fields.
- At least eight years of work experience progressively heading a communications department.
- Proven experience in editorial, knowledge management web site and intranet management including excellent proven oral and written communication skills.
- Advanced skills in different computer design, software, photography and video.
- Proven experiences in organisation of events
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Strong planning and organising skills
- High level of integrity and accountability
- Understanding of project work and advisory practices
- Well-grounded and seasoned communication professional, with experience in developing communications /marketing materials
- Ability to translate the corporate communication plans and principles to more detailed approach and plan at the country level and identify and act on bottlenecks.
- Ability to develop marketing and communications materials for project team and country level.
- Demonstrated experience in managing partnership with private business companies
- Excellent social and networking skills with different kinds of stakeholders
- Highly motivated self-starter with strong organizational skills who takes individual accountability seriously.
- Willingness to travel to all project locations
How to Apply:
All candidates should apply online by sending an application letter and CV (in English) that highlights three referees at the link below.
Deadline: 28th July 2021.
NB: All information will be in the strictest confidence. We will revert to you as soon as feasible when we have reviewed your application.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.uganda.jobsportal-career.com